The first five organic results get 67.6% of all the clicks while the very first result achieves a click-through rate of 39.6%.
These first five have mastered the SEO best practices!
The SEO benefits are nearly impossible to count. In a nutshell, SEO helps you rank high on search engines and generate traffic.
From boosted leads and sales and lower bounce rates to improved user experience and a much-needed advantage over the competition, we’ll go over the search engine optimization benefits your business needs to reap right now!
Table of Contents
Top 5 SEO Benefits
Below, we’ll go over the five most prominent search engine optimization benefits.
- Attract More Targeted Traffic
- Build Brand Awareness
- Guarantee More Clicks than PPC
- Save Money on Advertising
- Long-term Cost Effectiveness
1. Attract More Targeted Traffic
As a business owner, you're always looking for ways to attract more customers and grow your bottom line.
SEO is an essential part of any online marketing strategy. By investing in SEO, you can ensure your website appears at the top of SERPs — and that you attract more targeted traffic that is likely to convert.
When done correctly, SEO helps you attract more people who are already interested in what you have to offer. This means that they're more likely to buy from you, sign up for your email list, or take whatever action you want them to take.
This can help increase your website’s conversion rate, as well as the overall ROI of your digital marketing efforts.
2. Build Brand Awareness
When people see your website at the top of the search results, they'll start to associate your brand with the keywords they searched for.
Over time, this will help build brand awareness and loyalty. In fact, a recent study found that 71% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a brand that they're familiar with.
When your website appears higher in search engine results, it will be seen by more people. This can help increase your brand’s visibility and make it more recognizable to potential customers.
Additionally, SEO can help you create brand-related keywords that will be associated with your website, which can further increase brand awareness.
3. Guarantee More Clicks than PPC
Some businesses put most of their eggs in the paid search basket, opting to invest heavily in pay-per-click (PPC) advertising.
While PPC can be effective, recent studies suggest that it may not be as fruitful as once thought. In fact, SEO results receive heavily more clicks than PPC ads.
- 94% of users ignore search ads (PPC) and head straight to organic results (SEO)
- 64% of all the clicks in the SERPs are organic, while only 6% are paid. The rest of them come from direct, referral, or social traffic.
- SEO has approximately 20 times higher traffic potential than PPC (on both mobile and desktop)
Aside from driving more traffic and having higher CTR, SEO is also more affordable than PPC advertising.
As a result, businesses that want to get the most bang for their buck should focus on SEO instead of PPC.
4. Save Money on Advertising
Compared to digital advertising, SEO can reduce the expenses associated with customer acquisition by 87.41%.
Organic traffic is free, while paid traffic (traffic that comes from advertisements) is not. Therefore, by ranking higher in SERPs, you can get more website visitors without having to pay for ads.
Additionally, SEO can help you avoid wasting money on ads that are not effective, as you can easily target specific keywords and demographics with your SEO efforts.
SEO is the foundation of online marketing, but if done right, it can replace traditional marketing methods altogether. There’s no need to advertise your business on TV, put billboards across town, or print flyers — if you rank high, people will know about you!
5. Long-term Cost Effectiveness
Superficially, SEO might look like an expensive strategy. It requires time, effort and money.
This misconception comes from the facts that:
- You may or may not have a website that you may or may not know how to optimize to get the most out of it.
- There are no shortcuts here – you need to spend time researching keywords related to your business before you start optimizing.
- Even after the best SEO tactics are implemented successfully, you’ll need to keep your consistency over time. Updating your SEO is a must since search engines often come up with algorithm updates.
So, yes, SEO can be expensive. But, it's not expensive in the sense that it costs a lot of money. It's expensive because of the time and effort required to achieve results.
If you think that time is money and you’d rather focus on other tasks, you can opt for outsourced SEO services.
Five Types of SEO Services and Benefits of Each
SEO agencies provide an array of services, including the following.
1. SEO Audit
SEO audit is the process of assessing your website’s current search engine optimization (SEO) health and its performance in search engine results.
It is used to identify areas of improvement and necessary changes to improve rankings. SEO audits are conducted manually or using software tools.
The advantages of SEO audit include:
- Improved search engine visibility: By implementing the necessary changes, a website can improve its ranking in search engine results pages, making it more visible to potential customers.
- Increased traffic: As a result of improved visibility, a website is likely to see an increase in traffic from organic search.
- Higher conversion rates: Better visibility and increased traffic can lead to higher conversion rates, as more people are exposed to the website and its products or services.
- Competitive advantage: An effective SEO audit can give a website a competitive advantage over its rivals, as it will be better placed to attract attention and drive traffic.
2. Technical SEO Audit
A technical SEO audit is a comprehensive review of a website's technical infrastructure. Its goal is to detect and resolve any issues that may be impeding the site's ability to rank highly in search engine results pages (SERPs).
It covers everything from site architecture and URL structure to indexation and crawlability.
The benefits of SEO audits on the technical side include:
- Improved website rankings: By identifying and fixing issues that may be holding your website back from achieving its full attention in the SERPs, you can improve your website’s visibility.
- Increases website traffic: Technical SEO audit pinpoints any areas where your website needs improvement in order to rank higher in SERPs. If you rank higher, you’re guaranteed to attract more visitors to your website and witness increased leads and sales.
- Just a heads up: outbound leads have a low, 1.7% close rate, while SEO leads have a significantly higher close rate of 14.6%.
- Better website usability and user experience: If you’re aware of the areas where your website is not user-friendly (difficult navigation, slow loading times, etc.), you can make the improvements and enable visitors to easily use your website, which can lead to increased conversions.
As a result, a technical SEO audit is an important part of any holistic SEO strategy.
3. On-Page SEO Audit
Similar to technical SEO, on-page SEO provides a comprehensive analysis of your website’s content, code, and structure to ensure that it is optimized for search engine crawlers.
It provides a detailed report on the state of the website's individual pages—thin content, duplicate content, and missing title tags and meta descriptions.
While the benefits of conducting an on-page SEO audit are numerous, some of the most notable include:
- Improved rankings: By identifying and correcting any issues affecting your site’s ability to rank, an on-page SEO audit helps improve your position in the search results.
- Increased traffic: Achieving higher rankings inevitably leads to increased traffic levels as more people see and click through to your site.
- Higher conversion rates: Once you start attracting more visitors to your site, you also have a greater chance of converting them into customers or leads.
- Improved ROI: As a result of all of the above, an on-page SEO audit can also lead to a better return on investment (SEO ROI) for your business.
As a matter of fact, 49% of marketers claim organic search provides better ROI than any other marketing method.
This is because you will get more targeted traffic that is more likely to convert, without having to spend any extra money on paid advertising.
4. Off-Page SEO Audit
An off-page SEO audit is an evaluation of the activities conducted outside of your website that contribute to your site's ranking in SERPs.
These activities include, but are not limited to, link building, social media engagement, brand mentions, and more.
There are a lot of differences between on-page and off-page SEO. For instance, on-page SEO focuses on optimizing your website to rank higher in SERPs, and off-page SEO ensures your site has the external support it needs to achieve and maintain a top spot.
There are several benefits of conducting an off-page SEO audit. Perhaps the most important are:
- Identifying potential weaknesses in your site’s off-page SEO strategy: Knowing what external factors are compromising your top position helps you address them quickly and effectively.
- Keeping track of your progress over time: By analyzing the behavior of off-page factors, you can easily spot any new opportunities for improvement.
- Gaining insights into what your competitors are doing: While copying someone else’s strategy is not the best practice, knowing what your competition is doing helps you stay ahead of the curve.
5. Competitive Analysis
A competitive analysis is the assessment of your website’s strengths and weaknesses in comparison to your competitors’ websites. It allows you to benchmark your progress and determine areas where you need to improve.
There are many benefits to conducting a competitive analysis, including:
- It helps you understand the competition: By understanding who your competitors are and what they are doing, you can make informed decisions about how to position your own company in the marketplace. Additionally, understanding the competition can help you identify opportunities that you may be able to exploit.
- It boosts your overall SEO strategy: Competitive analysis is just a part of an effective SEO strategy. Since it is based on researching and evaluating your rivals, you’ll gain plenty of useful information on the best SEO strategies out there. 75% of marketers say their SEO tactics have proven extremely effective in helping them achieve their marketing objectives. If you play your cards right, you can learn their SEO tactics and use them to take your SEO strategy to the next level.
- It gives you an advantage over the competition: If you monitor the competition constantly, you can ensure that your company is one step ahead at all times.
There are other SEO services, but generally, they all help you get where you want to be: on the first page of Google. 75% of people don’t even open the second page, so no wonder everyone wants to be at the top.
SEO entails improving the ranking of a website on Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engines. In turn, a higher rank brings more visitors.
Many ranking factors go into SEO, and keyword density is one of the most popular. This is the number of times a particular keyword or phrase appears on a page relative to the total number of words on the page.
There are many other ranking factors, such as:
- Internal and external links - 94% of SEO specialists believe links will remain a ranking factor in the next five years
- Responsive design - half of the total traffic on a website comes from mobile devices
- Page experience - Google announced they evaluate page experience metrics for individual URLs which are used as ranking signals
- Page speed - the average bounce rate for pages that load in two or fewer seconds is 9%, while those that load in five seconds have a significantly higher bounce rate of 38%.
- High-quality content - 90.63% of the content on Google never gets seen, amplifying the importance of high-quality content
By optimizing their site for search engines, businesses can put themselves in a much better position to be found by potential customers.
If you’re ready to make the necessary SEO improvements, you’re guaranteed to reach more potential customers and grow your business, making SEO worth the wait.
If you get all these aspects right, the aforementioned benefits of SEO will follow.
Key Benefits of SEO for Your Business: Takeaways
SEO is an extremely valuable asset for your business.
By improving your website’s ranking and visibility in search engine results pages, you can bring more traffic to your site, which means more potential customers.
Additionally, SEO helps improve the user experience on your website by making it easier for people to find the information they need.
Good SEO practices also help keep your website up-to-date and compliant with Google’s ever-changing algorithms, so you can rest assured that your investment is always working hard for you.
Now that you know the advantages of SEO and its value, it’s time to get your business on top of the SERPs!