People send and receive millions of emails every year. The emails you receive from brands often comprise plain ads and pitches and end up in the junk folder.
For brands to create more marketing and sales outreach, they need to have a unique angle, making them rely on videos.
Video email marketing is in trend, and it is a surefire way to launch your metrics right where you want. Videos improve email opens, click-throughs and conversions while capturing and holding your recipient’s attention.
But what is video marketing, and how to use videos in emails? This article will uncover all the details for you.
Table of Contents
What Is Video Email Marketing?
Video email marketing is adding videos to your emails to make them stand out in inboxes.
An email has always been a mainstay in the marketing channel. As a compelling owned channel, emails have undergone several changes, and today, video amplifies an email’s natural power the most.
Using video in email is one of the best ways of boosting your marketing conversions. Intriguing videos make emails more engaging and effective. When you include such a rich media format in your email, it becomes hard to resist.
Businesses might wonder how to start with video email marketing.
Well, videos can go anywhere, such as promotional sends, newsletters, triggers, etc. You need to check what works best for you.
With several video marketing platforms available today, inserting and tracking videos in email is straightforward. But first, let’s get into the basics.
Benefits of Video in Email Marketing
Here are some of the most prominent benefits of video in email marketing:
- Videos boost the click-through rates of your emails by making them more appealing. This is especially true in the case of eCommerce stores where you can use videos to provide product demos, testimonials, or social proof. Video email is an excellent strategy to upsell product packages; hence, it plays a crucial role in increasing total conversions.
- Videos also build trust and establish a strong bond with customers. Video email marketing is shown to make brands more approachable.
- With viral video marketing, you can also increase the visibility and reach of your content. These video contents are sharable on social platforms to enjoy maximum reach.
- Video email marketing humanizes your brand by upholding its personality. Videos enable customers to ‘put a face to your brand’s name. Humanizing makes targeting possible on a personal level.
- Watching a video also influences buying decisions among people. Videos can explain and illuminate the value of a product/service a brand offers.
- Alongside this, incorporating visual materials in the email campaigns makes the emails grab the attention of people who prefer to learn with a visual approach.
7 Best Ways to Add Videos in Email Marketing
Videos are a versatile form of content and can be added to any email. So, here are the seven best ways of adding video to your emails:
- Event Announcements
- Promotional Emails
- Behind the Scene Videos
- Product Launch
- Tips and Tricks
- Triggered Emails
1. Event Announcements
One of the best ways to capture a subscriber’s attention is by sharing interesting information about exciting upcoming events. You can add video snippets in email, exhibiting the critical points of the event or webinar. Marketers often prefer sharing event recaps with email subscribers to invite them to watch the full video.
Suppose your brand targets Millennials or Gen Z; incorporating videos into the email newsletters is a good idea. You can also do round-up videos or add informative videos of a blog you have recently shared.
With newsletter-incorporated videos, your readers will look forward to receiving emails and will often convert into customers.
3. Promotional Emails
While building relationships with new subscribers and prospects, consider sending promotional videos in your emails. These videos showcase the real value your company offers and emphasizes upon. Value-driven promotional videos bring out emotions and create rapport between an organization and its potential customers.
4. Behind the Scene Videos
You need to provide your target audience with an insight into your company if you want to connect with them on a deeper level. Behind-the-scene videos are ideal ways of showcasing your business process.
Whether describing the company process, explaining the products, or showing day-to-day activities, you can use these videos to create a robust brand presence.
5. Product Launch
Product launch email marketing campaigns are sent to past and existing email subscribers. Such emails bring out the purpose behind the launch and how it adds value to your business.
A sneak peek video in an email can also be added to highlight the primary features of your new product to trigger anticipation.
6. Tips and Tricks
One trusted way to engage with subscribers is by sharing informational resources. For instance, when a prospect signs up for a trial, you can send them emails to allow them to understand your product/service better.
Marketers can also create videos that are a combination of the top of the funnel and bottom of the funnel so that they can guide and create awareness.
7. Triggered Emails
Triggered emails are usually sent upon the completion of a specific action. Whether it is a welcome email, cart abandonment mail, or transactional email, you can add videos to any triggered mail.
5 Best Practices in Video Emailing Marketing
Brands must consider the following video email marketing best practices to leverage the tool to the fullest:
- Include Captions
- Use Animations and GIFs
- Focus on Strategic Placement of Videos
- Add ‘Video’ in the Subject
- Adjust the Thumbnail and Image Size
1. Include Captions
Video is still a relatively new concept concerning emails. So, you need to make your video emails as user-friendly as possible. One way of doing this is by adding video captions.
Video captions ensure that the readers understand your video content even with the sound off. It is a small thing to do, but it has a substantial positive impact.
2. Use Animations and GIFs
GIFs and animations are fun and engaging, but it is also essential to use them sparingly. Too much animation overwhelms the readers, making it difficult for them to focus on the video.
It would help if you used GIFs occasionally and only where it adds real value to your video content. Adding animations levels your email marketing campaigns, helping you get more CTRs.
3. Focus on Strategic Placement of Videos
You must place your video strategically in the email to instantly be visible to the readers.
In most situations, this implies embedding the videos above the fold or the upper half of the email. This makes the readers see the video without having to scroll down.
Also, you should add some content before the embedded videos so that it goes with the flow and does not appear suddenly. The better your content and video placement, the easier it is for your readers to understand your purpose.
4. Add ‘Video’ in the Subject
Always add the word ‘video’ in the email subject line whenever you include a video in the emails. This will let the audience know there is a video, and they can click to play it directly from their inbox. This practice will bring more attention and help create effective video marketing strategies.
5. Adjust the Thumbnail and Image Size
The thumbnail image of the video is as crucial as the video itself. The thumbnail image should be clear and enticing enough to inspire the readers to click and watch the video.
For this, you must make sure that the thumbnail image’s file size is small enough not to slow down the email loading time.
With this practice, you can avoid spam fillers while improving the overall user experience. Finally, ensure to add relevant CTAs in the emails, as this works toward generating leads.
The Best Video Email Marketing Agencies
- Location: Brand You Development & Coaching LTD Suite 67, No. 20 Harcourt Street, Dublin, D02 H364, Ireland
- Average Hourly Rate: $200/hr
- Expertise: Branding, Logo Design, Advertising, Creative, B2B Website Design, Financial Services Digital Marketing, Healthcare Digital Marketing.
Brand You Development & Coaching is a branding agency located in Dublin, Ireland. Founded in 2009, Brand You Development & Coaching has made a name for itself as one of the leading agencies in the country when it comes to branding and marketing services.
Their services cover all aspects of brand development, from logo design and advertising to website design and digital marketing. Brand You Development & Coaching specializes in helping clients in the finance and healthcare sectors, offering customized solutions tailored to their needs.
They have earned a reputation as one of Dublin's most trusted branding agencies through their work with top clients such as Spark FML, Doyle Concrete, and Balance Expo.
- Location: 8211 East Regal Place, Suite 100, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74433, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire.
- Expertise: Branding, Web Design, Web Development, UI/UX Design, Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing.
Based out of Tulsa, Oklahoma, Matcha Design has a deep understanding of what clients need, and they create innovative digital marketing campaigns and unique brands.
Matcha Design is a full-service creative agency that houses an award-winning team of creatives, developers, designers, strategists and social media experts that helps clients achieve their business goals through design. They offer branding, web design, web development, UI/UX design and digital marketing services to help their clients stand out in the crowded marketplace.
Some of their most notable clients include Consolidated Communications, Oklahoma Chiller, Esperanza Ranch and the Southern Hills Baptist Church.
- Location: C-20-3A, FLOOR 20, 19 SENTRAL, JALAN HARAPAN, SEKSYEN 19, 46300 PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR., Petaling Jaya, 46300, Malaysia
- Average Hourly Rate: $500/hr
- Expertise: Web Design, Real Estate Software Development, Video Marketing, Instagram Marketing, Facebook Marketing, Social Media Marketing Consulting, Google AdWords, Digital Marketing, WordPress Web Design...
Envicion Studio is a web design and digital marketing agency specializing in brand identity, graphic design, and website development. Based out of Malaysia, Envicion Studio started as a graphic studio in 2009, which then morphed into a full-fledged digital design and branding company by 2015.
The team of experts at Envicion Studio has the experience, expertise, and creativity to create powerful websites for a multitude of businesses and organizations. They specialize in creating websites with beautiful designs that are easy for visitors to navigate around on desktop computers, tablets, and smartphones, with their expertise lying in real estate software development, video marketing, advertising and many more.
Some of Envicion Studio’s most notable clients include S P Setia, BRDB and Country Garden.
- Location: 5700 Wilshire Blvd. 90036 Los Angeles, CA
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire.
- Expertise: Concept & Treatment Development: Brand Identity; Research: Locations, Permits, Talent Hire; Editorials & E-com; Video & Still Creative Production; Content for Social Media, Web & App; Editing, Color Grading & Retouching Services.
Zaya Production is a full-service production company specializing in conceptualizing, developing, and producing branded content for the entertainment industry.
Having collaborated with big-name brands in various industries (such as Spotify, Mercedes-Benz, Adidas and the Los Angeles Times), Zaya Production has a keen knowledge of all things video production and marketing.
Offering services such as photography & videography, location scouting, permit procuring, talent hire and social media and web content creation, one simply cannot go wrong when opting for Zaya Production as one’s go-to video marketing agency.
- Location: 21725 N 20th Ave, Ste 101-102, #1026, Phoenix, Arizona 85027-2640, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire.
- Expertise: Web Design, Website Development, Digital Marketing, SEO, PPC, Social Media Marketing.
Nvent Marketing is a full-service digital marketing agency with expertise in cutting-edge technology and an unmatched dedication to innovation.
Its team of professionals made it their mission to help you build your brand with website development, SEO and PPC services or create social media campaigns that will reach your consumers worldwide. Whether you’re looking to increase traction to your website or gain qualified leads for your sales team, Nvent Marketing helps your business invent, accelerate, and expand opportunities for growth in all areas.
Some of Nvent Marketing’s most notable clients include HP, Canon and ReachOut.
- Location: 2633 Lincoln Blvd #406, Santa Monica, California 90405, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $100/hr
- Expertise: Video Production and Video Marketing.
Meet Brandefy, an award-winning, full-service video production agency based in Los Angeles, CA.
First founded in 2011, Brandefy has an undeniable well of knowledge when it comes to all things video production and marketing. By creating attention-grabbing videos for both TV and website marketing, Bradefy takes a customer-focused approach to ensure that your needs are wholly met in terms of budget, requirements and deadlines.
Brandefy prides itself on its ability to stay one step ahead of its competition by expertly integrating proven strategies and responsible practices into its video production process. Showcasing itself as a one-stop-shop for all your video production needs, Bradefy offers services such as:
TV Production: Commercials, DRTV, documercials, and infomercials;
Web Videos: Corporate videos, explainer videos, animated logos, and sizzle reels;
Distribution: Media buying, internet distribution, video search engine, and optimization (VSEO).
- Location: 5777 W Century Blvd, Los Angeles, California 90045, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $1000/hr
- Expertise: Logo Design, eCommerce Web Design, Website Development, Content Marketing.
Ghost Writing Professionals is a full-service agency based in Los Angeles, California.
Since 2010, Ghost Writing Professionals have helped hundreds of businesses reach their goals with comprehensive services like Video Email Marketing, Logo Design, eCommerce Web Design, Website Development, and Content Marketing.
Ghost Writing Professionals understand that success comes from implementing a perfect blend of creativity and technology. With their team of highly experienced, multi-disciplinary professionals Ghost Writing Professionals prides itself on being able to deliver high-quality services and solutions that help businesses reach success.
Ghost Writing Professionals' services are tailored according to the needs of each customer, helping them stand out from their competition, and are committed to making sure that each customer enjoys the best possible experience, from start to finish.
8. Joombooz doo
- Location: Pasterova 16a, Nis, 18000, Serbia
- Average Hourly Rate: $50/hr
- Expertise: YouTube Marketing, Video Marketing, Instagram Marketing, Social Media For Small Business...
Company Joombooz was founded in 2011 in Niš and has been successful in the country and abroad for years. We are constantly working to improve our business and increase the number of employees. The basic activities of the company are web programming (website, web design) and Digital Marketing.
A special team of creative experts in the field of marketing, informatics, graphic design working on marketing campaigns ( content, advertising, social media, bending...). The goal of our company is customer satisfaction and creating a long-term relationship, because the client and his wealth are always in first place.
Video Email Marketing Takeaways
Video email marketing is a great way to improve open rates, build customer trust and credibility and boost sales. It is an engaging medium to use in numerous ways by brands to enhance email marketing campaigns.
If you want to start using videos in your emails, know the benefits, follow the right ways and the best practices and leverage the medium by aligning it with your unique goals and purposes.