Big data and analytics represent the future of marketing. Analytics has the power to completely revolutionize the way businesses operate, improving efficiency and optimizing budgets. But this is only true if the full potential of data and analytics can be harnessed, which is not yet the case for most businesses.
More often than not, an analytics partner is necessary to implement systems and ensure that data is mined to generate useful insights and integrate meaningfully with campaigns. The best analytics companies set themselves apart based on a few key differentiating factors, including:
● Flexibility - Will the company be able to scale their data capabilities to meet the demands of your business should your data needs grow?
● Communication - Despite the technical nature of big data and marketing analytics, will the company be able to communicate effectively with your teams?
● Problem solving skills - Is the company capable of helping your business identify which problems or challenges data can help solve? Are they creative enough to come up with the solutions necessary?
● Training - What is the company’s process for onboarding? Are they willing to train internal teams to use the systems they implement?
● Growth-focused - Does the company understand your business goals and will they be able to tailor a data and analytics program that contributes meaningfully to achieving those goals?
● Adaptable - Does the company stay on top of changes in the industry? Are they up to date on the latest technological advances? How will they apply improvements to your systems and services when new technologies are introduced?