Your business website occasionally needs redesign and a complete overhaul to stay competitive and valuable to its target audience. To advance it, you’ll need an expert web design company, and the best way to find one is through an RFP document.
This article discusses the RFP website redesign document: what it is and how to write one while providing a free, downloadable RFP template you can customize to your company’s needs.
Table of Contents
What Is RFP Website Redesign Document?
A website redesign request for proposal (RFP) is a document that outlines the criteria, project scope, goals, timeframe, and budget for your new website.
It helps potential web design agencies get a sense of your current website capabilities, your desired course of action and end-goals for your redesigned website.
What Should a Proposal For Website Redesign Contain?
Any substantial website redesign RFP document, regardless of the market, industry, or company, should include the following:
- Introduce Your Business
- Declare Your Budget
- Timetables and Deadlines
- Define Your Objectives
- Provide Website Inspiration and Examples
- Define Your Target Market
- Establish Your Vendor Selection Criteria
- Detail Your RFP Submission Requirements
Introduce Your Business
The RFP process begins with a brief introduction to your brand and company. It should contain a concise "about us" part detailing your organization, why you need a new website design and a summary of the project's scope. Keep this part brief and to the point to avoid overwhelming potential providers — agencies get, on average, 150 RFPs each year!
Declare Your Budget
Your budget helps suppliers decide if they can complete the scope of work within the budget constraints and reply appropriately. Three major factors will determine your web redesign cost:
- Team skill
- Firm's hourly fee
- Website approach (bespoke or template).
To better understand how much your web design job should cost, read blog postings, internet forums, or client evaluations that discuss project budgets.
Timetables and Deadlines
Giving suppliers a realistic timescale and estimated launch date for your website redesign project helps them decide whether they can complete it by the deadline. A timetable provides a clear direction for work completion and puts all project participants on the same page. Make sure your agenda provides hours for evaluating, modifications, and approval:
- RFP release date: Indicate the release date of your website redesign RFP so that suppliers can know how current your RFP request is. Set a response deadline on your web design RFP to remind suppliers when you expect to receive an RFP response.
- Vendor selection date: Include a deadline for suppliers to respond to your choice.
- Project kickoff: Include a deadline for suppliers and their teams to begin working on your web design project.
- Launch date: Set a reasonable deadline for completing your web design project. Depending on the complexity, a website project can take 14 to 18 weeks.
Define Your Objectives
Defining your project goals stresses your essential design services and the scope of your project, whether you want to enhance sales or educate potential consumers about your brand and product. List your primary and secondary objectives as required.
Your site redesign objectives may include the following:
- Increase the number of eligible leads
- Boost brand recognition
- Improve your online presence
- Engage present and new consumers
Provide Website Inspiration and Examples
To envision your desired website look:
- List five websites you enjoy (include URLs)
- Highlight all the aspects you like about them
- Consider adding competitor websites for the context of your market
Define Your Target Market
To maximize engagement and conversions, your website should fulfill the requirements and expectations of your target audience. Ensure suppliers understand your target audience by including user personas and demographic information in your RFP. Don’t forget to include the target audience's purchase behavior and favored content.
Establish Your Vendor Selection Criteria
Explain the criteria for picking your provider in this portion of your RFP. Your vendor selection factors can include agency expertise, years of experience, portfolio, skills, and relevant projects.
Compatibility is crucial, too. For example, if your website's backend relies on Microsoft, consider giving special attention to a .NET web development company. This proficiency and specialized skill set could be critical in meeting your redesign objectives.
Detail Your RFP Submission Requirements
Outline the criteria you want from suppliers that wish to work on your web design project and how they should reply (usually via email).
The following are specific details you should get from vendors:
- Agency name, email, address, website, and phone number
- Years of experience, team size, certifications, and honors received by the company
- Estimated project hours and timetable from start to conclusion
- Client testimonials
- Five of their greatest, most relevant projects, with links to each case study
RFP Website Redesign Template
A website redesign RFP template helps create your request for proposal from scratch because it already contains all the essential fields and questions the agency needs to fill out. You can also download your copy of a free website redesign RFP template to the right on this page.
Here is an example of what a well-rounded RFP Template for website redesign should contain
Introduce your company and give a brief background on your business type, market, competitors, key areas of expertise and unique value proposition.
Define what challenges your business currently faces that this project, and a new website, will solve. Be as broad or as concise as needed and explain why you think your current website needs a redesign.
Deliver an overview of your website project starting with the state of the platform your current website is built on, why you are looking to redesign or create a new website, and your ideal project timeline.
Determine the short-term and long-term goals (SMART - specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-sensitive) you wish to achieve with your website.
WEBSITE FEATURES & FUNCTIONALITY
List the features your website should have.
Specify the budget you have allocated for this project.
List other documents agency and service providers should submit along with their application. If you have additional questions you'd like them to answer, list them here.
RFP Sent Date:
Proposals Due Date:
Winner Selected By Date:
Top Web Design Agencies Worth Sending an RFP
Here is a list of 15 top web design agencies worth sending a request for proposal (RFP). These agencies have demonstrated expertise, a strong portfolio, and positive client reviews, making them reliable choices for your web (re)design needs.
- Location: 20 N Main St 4th FL, Norwalk, Connecticut 06854, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $150/hr
- Expertise: Web Design, Enterprise SEO
Electric Enjin is a web design company that specializes in creating modern and engaging websites for businesses of all sizes.
Their team of experienced designers and developers use cutting-edge technology to craft visually stunning and user-friendly websites tailored to each client's unique needs and goals. The agency prides itself on delivering high-quality web design services that help clients stand out in a crowded online landscape and achieve their business objectives.
Whether you need a simple brochure website or a complex eCommerce platform, Electric Enjin has the expertise and creativity to bring your vision to life.
- Location: 44 Pickwick Avenue, Chelmsford, CM1 4UN, United Kingdom
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire.
- Expertise: 360° Digital Services and Web Design.
Healy Web Design is a UK-based web design company that prides itself on providing a tailored service to meet its client's needs. From start-ups to well-established brands, Healy Web Design has the know-how and expertise to help businesses move forward in today's technological world.
With services that include website building, training, analytics, GMB setups, and SEO-friendly design, this company is your one-stop shop for all your online marketing needs.
Founded in 2014, Healy Web Design has worked with a wide range of clients; some of the most prominent being Rosie Underwood, NS Health & Fitness, and Coastal Capital.
- Location: Cll 29 #21-45, Cartagena, 130001, Colombia
- Average Hourly Rate: $20/hr
- Expertise: Web Design, Dental Website Design, Law Firm Web Design, Restaurant Website Design, Real Estate Web Design, B2B Website Design, Responsive Website Design, eCommerce Web Design, Website Development, Software Development, and Cybersecurity.
Iriartec is a Colombia-based web design and development company founded in 2020, specializing in WordPress Web Sites, Custom-made web-based Software, and Consulting. While its services include everything from B2B Website Design and Responsive Website Design to Software Development and Cybersecurity.
Iriartec’s clients include SeVolvioPrispri.com, Boating-Miami.com, and Industry-marinesolutions.com. Priding itself as being an expert in the industry, Iriartec’s passion for web design and development truly shines through in its work.
Iriartec, designing and building solutions to make your business grow.
- Location: 17th Floor, Vincom Center, 72 Le Thanh Ton, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City, 700000, Vietnam
- Average Hourly Rate: $50/hr
- Expertise: Financial Services Web Design, UI/UX Design, BigCommerce Website Design, eCommerce Web Design, Small Business Website Design, Responsive Website Design, B2B Website Design, Real Estate Web Design, Construction Web Design, Restaurant Website Design, Design Agencies, Law Firm Web Design, Dental Website Design, Healthcare Website Design, Web Design, Print Design, Digital Design, Graphic Design, Product Prototype, and Product Design.
Onerity is a young and vibrant company that was founded in 2022. Based in Vietnam, the company specializes in product consulting and UI/UX design. Onerity's other specialties include market-fit product consulting, creating user-centric designs, and web & app development.
What makes Onerity stand out from the competition is its focus on delivering top-level quality, having a service mindset and professional attitude, fast delivery, and close collaboration with its clients. Onerity works daily with clients as if they were co-workers in the same office - which builds trust and encourages return business.
Some of Onerity's notable clients include Be Fluent Pty Ltd, Bellanca, and Leep.app.
- Location: 1023 I-square corporate park, opp sukan mall, Science City, Ahmedabad, 380060, India
- Average Hourly Rate: $30/hr
- Expertise: Web Design, eCommerce Development, WooCommerce Development, Mobile App Development, Website Development, WordPress Development, Magento Development, Shopify, Legal Digital Marketing, Software Development, and PHP Development.
Krishang Technolab is a web applications, eCommerce, custom software development, digital marketing, and mobile app development company that helps businesses from various industries (such as Retail, Transportation & Supply Chain, Financial Services, Real estate, Healthcare, etc.) grow their online presence to new heights while securing new customers.
With over 7+ years of experience under its belt, the company has grown rapidly to serve over 300+ global customers across the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany Switzerland, Netherlands, the Middle East, Australia, and New Zealand, etc. Their clients range from early-stage enterprises to big corporations. Some of these include VITALLY, Movebubble and BUDDYREST.
Krishang Technolab listens to customer ideas and creates custom software solutions from scratch that are tailored specifically for each business. The company has a team of skilled professionals who are experts in their respective fields, and whose mission is to make your business stand out.
- Location: GHD Building, Level 5 68 GRENFELL Street, South Australia, CBD Adelaide, 5000, Australia
- Average Hourly Rate: $100/hr
- Expertise: Software Development, .Net Development, Fintech Software Development, Gaming Development, Blockchain Development, Financial App, Mobile App Development, Graphic Design, Web Design, Game App Development, Website Development, WordPress Development, Digital Marketing, Crypto Marketing, SEO, Internet of Things and IT Services.
Webcom is one of the pioneers of blockchain technology in Australia, and it specializes in developing cryptocurrency exchange solutions.
With over 20 years of collaborative experience in the industry, the company has completed many successful projects in web design, digital marketing, web development, and more. Its clients' websites reflect both the business's and Webcom's commitment to excellence.
Some of the Webcom clients include Future Cabs, CapitalEx, and mysports365.
- Location: 3986 Gateway, Bakersfield, California 93301, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $15/hr
- Expertise: Digital Strategy, Branding, Product Design, Website Development, WordPress Development, and UI/UX Design.
Getsocialguide is a leading WordPress blog and eCommerce solution provider, providing handpicked suggestions for bloggers. It provides WordPress themes, plugins, and news that will help grow your online brand presence with Social Media signals.
Getsocialguide provides expert, affordable services in Digital Strategy, Branding, Product Design, Website Development, WordPress Development, and UI/UX Design to all its clients.
Some of the Getsocialguide clients include Jooble (a global job search engine), fixthephoto.com (a photo repair service), and nayatel.com (a Pakistani telecommunications company). Getsocialguide's team of experts is committed to providing quality services that will help its clients achieve their business goals.
- Location: 4420 Roanoke Parkway, Kansas City, Missouri 64111, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $60/hr
- Expertise: Logo Design, Graphic Design, Web Design, Law Firm Web Design, Restaurant Website Design, Construction Web Design, Real Estate Web Design, Responsive Website Design, eCommerce Development, eCommerce Web Design, WordPress Development, and WordPress Website Design.
Joseph Manning Designs is a web design and development agency that was founded in 2002 and is based in Kansas City, Missouri.
The company offers services in Logo Design, Graphic Design, Web Design, Responsive Website Design, eCommerce Development, and eCommerce Web Design. Some of the company's notable clients include Below Deck Ceiling Solutions, JMW Accounting Firm, and Jim "Mr. Stinky Feet" Cosgrove.
- Location: Remote, Mason, Michigan 48854, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $85/hr
- Expertise: Branding, Logo Design, Graphic Design, Web Design, Real Estate Web Design, and Digital Marketing.
Based out of Mason, Michigan, Needham Solutions has been in the marketing and design business for over 30 years. With a wide variety of skills and knowledge, its team can help you with anything from marketing and design to technology and operations. Needham Solutions is your one-stop, full-service marketing and design shop.
Offering buffet-style services, Needham Solutions can complete projects for you as your go-to source for all things marketing, design, technology, strategy, copywriting and content development, brand management, graphic design, email marketing, marketing automation, UX design, website/e-commerce design, SEO, social media management, photo/video editing - you name it!
Needham Solutions' clients include Across Red Lines, Authority HVAC, and Billie Red Financial, among others.
- Location: 8 Cheviot Drive, Glasgow, G77 5AS, United Kingdom
- Average Hourly Rate: $150/hr
- Expertise: 360° Digital Services, Web Design, WordPress Website Design, and Shopify.
- GoGoChimp is a web design and marketing agency that was founded in 2013. Based in Glasgow, UK, they pride themselves on being a "new breed of web designers, copywriters and data nerds" who conceive mind-bending ideas to get your brand noticed and motivate your visitors to buy your products or services.
Specializing in 360° Digital Services, Web Design, WordPress Website Design, and Shopify; they help newly funded startups to high-growth businesses, from simple products to complex e-commerce brands to kick-ass with their conversion rate optimization services.
Some of GoGoChimp's clients include FOMO, Roadtrippers, and Motorola.
- Location: 668 Stony Hill Rd (7,327.09 mi), Yardley, Pennsylvania 19067, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $40/hr
- Expertise: Branding, Logo Design, Graphic Design, Creative, and Web Design.
DesignMantic is a creative agency that provides Graphic Design, Branding, Web Design, and Digital Marketing services.
Based in Yardley, PA, DesignMantic was founded in 2012 with a dream of conquering the marketing world and helping businesses grow on the internet. Since then, DesignMantic has developed into a full-service creative agency dedicated to helping brands succeed through innovative design and strategic digital marketing services.
With competitive pricing and expert execution, they can bring your brand to life with their talented team of designers and marketers.
12. Opel Solutions
- Location: 13223 Black Mountain Rd Ste 1 #504, San Diego, California 92129, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $70/hr
- Expertise: BigCommerce Website Design, Software Testing, Data Entry, eCommerce SEO, eCommerce Consulting, Shopify, WordPress Development, Website Development, WooCommerce Development, Digital Strategy, Small Business eCommerce Development, eCommerce Web Design, eCommerce Development, Responsive Website Design, Web Design, Brand Design, and Branding.
Opel Solutions is a San Diego-based web design & branding agency that provides services with a focus on web design, software testing, and eCommerce web design and development.
Specializing in developing high-quality digital experiences for their customers, Opel Solutions’ team has over three decades of experience in its field and its committed project managers are at the ready to help your business stand out in its unique, online marketplace.
Some of Opel Solutions’ clients include Solaire Infrared Grills, See Monkey Doo, and Dona Bela Shreds.
- Location: 5971 Jenkins Ave, Cocoa, Florida 32927, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $45/hr
- Expertise: 360° Digital Service, Logo Design, Digital Design, Graphic Design, Print Design, Web Design, Responsive Website Design, Small Business Website Design, BigCommerce Website Design, WooCommerce Development, Website Development, and WordPress Development.
Simon Sayz Graphics is a content marketing agency providing web design and development services to clients across the United States.
Providing customized web design solutions for small businesses, startups, and entrepreneurs, Simon Sayz Graphics specializes in logo design, digital design, print design, web design, and eCommerce web design. They also offer 360° digital services that cover web development, social media management, social media advertising, and SEO optimization.
The company was founded in 2018 and has since amassed an impressive client list, some of which include Diamond Scientific, PlayBrevardGolf.com, and Prestige Metal Roof.
14. Tecziq Solutions
- Location: 9800 Page Avenue St. Louis, MO 63132-1429, St. Louis, Missouri 1429, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $25/hr
- Expertise: WordPress Development, Offshore Software Development, Healthcare Software Development, .Net Development, PHP Development, Node.js Development, Software Development, SEO, Search Engine Marketing, Drupal Development, Branding, Website Development, iPhone App Development, Android App Development, Mobile App Development, Small Business eCommerce Development, eCommerce Development, Responsive Website Design, B2B Website Design, and Product Prototype.
First established in 2005, Tecziq Solutions is a full-service web development agency that specializes in web design, SEO, app development, and software testing.
Based in St. Louis Missouri, Tecziq Solutions is a fantastic choice for those looking to spruce up their online presence. From mobile app development and small business web designs to eCommerce websites and building product prototypes, Tecziq Solutions has got you covered.
Tecziq Solutions has worked with clients across various industries such as retail, education, gaming, and hospitality, while some of their most notable clients include GBiosciences, SmithAnalytical, and IBoomerang.
- Location: Yapı Kredi Plaza, Büyükdere Caddesi Blok C Kat:17 Levent Beşiktaş, İstanbul, Istanbul, 34330, Turkey
- Average Hourly Rate: $50
- Expertise: B2B Website Design, Responsive Website Design, eCommerce Web Design, Mobile App Development...
Mediaclick is one of the biggest digital agencies in Turkey, formed by a team that is one of the best in their sector. They are among the top 10 "web and mobile developer agencies" in Turkey, according to an independent research conducted by Campaing Turkey. It is also one of the 10 agencies that won the most awards in Turkey's biggest digital competition Altın Örümcek.
With 22+ years of experience in the sector, theye produce and support Turkey's leading brands with a high conversion rate, sustainable and search-friendly web design and mobile application projects, by combining simple and creative design approach that prioritizes the user experience (UX) with smart software technologies produced by our software engineers in our R&D center we provide.
Website Redesign RFP Takeaways
Crafting an effective website redesign request for proposal (RFP) is crucial to ensure a successful project outcome. Following the key steps outlined in this article can increase the chances of finding the right vendor to transform your website. Remember to communicate your vision, ask relevant questions, and prioritize collaboration and transparency throughout the RFP process. With a well-crafted RFP, you can set the stage for a successful website redesign that aligns with your goals and meets the needs of your users.
This RFP checklist can be reproduced for essentially any other desired service or industry, such as:
- RFP for Software Development
- Digital Marketing RFP
- Website development RFP
- Mobile App development RFP
- SEO RFP
- Social Media RFP
- Website Design RFP
- eCommerce RFP
- Video production RFP
- Branding RFP
- Cybersecurity RFP
- Public Relations RFP
- RFP for IT services
- Email Marketing RFP
Website Redesign RFP FAQs
1. How long should a website redesign take?
How long will website redesign take depends on the website's size and complexity, the scope of changes, the availability of resources, and the team’s responsiveness. Generally, the timeframe is between 45 and 90 days, but it can last from a few weeks to several months.
Smaller and less complex websites may be redesigned within a shorter timeframe, while larger projects may require more planning, design, development, content migration, and testing time.