Table of Contents
- What Is A Responsive Web Design Company?
- What Do Responsive Website Design Companies Specialize In?
- How Much Do Responsive Web Design Companies Charge For Their Services?
- Why Hire A Responsive Web Design Agency?
- How To Hire A Responsive Web Design Company Company?
- 15 Questions To Ask A Responsive Web Design Agency Before You Hire One
- Takaways On Hiring A Responsive Web Design Company
What Is A Responsive Web Design Company?
A responsive web design company is an agency that develops professional websites that are mobile-friendly or compatible with smartphones and tablets.
In other words, these firms allow your website’s information including content, images and other visual elements to be accessible on devices with different operating systems and screens.
Above all, they combine their skills and technology to deliver an effective and satisfying user experience that allows your visitors to easily interact and navigate on your site without facing any issues.
According to Statista, mobile devices generated 52.6% of the total website traffic in 2019.
As mobile has become the leading source of website traffic, optimizing websites for this format has never been more important for user retention.
What Do Responsive Website Design Companies Specialize In?
As the era of smartphones evolves, responsive website design companies strive to use the latest design trends and technologies to keep your website functional on any mobile device.
What's more, to build an effective website that brings measurable results, these web designers also target your industry, market and your existing clients with precision.
Some of their responsibilities also include:
- Creating scalable designs
- Aligning elements to fit all-size screens
- Developing flexible layouts
- Building easy-to-click buttons
- Using easily readable fonts
- Compressing images and files
- Ensuring fast website speed
- Optimizing websites for search engines
- Integrating it with social pages
- Importing content
- Tracking analytics
- Maintaining websites
- And more
The solutions that the best responsive web design companies offer are custom-made and designed to work on different browsers and operating systems including iOS, Android and Windows.
How Much Do Responsive Web Design Companies Charge For Their Services?
For a full-service professional responsive website, you can expect to pay between $1,000 and $100,000, sometimes even more.
The cost will largely depend on:
- The product’s complexity
- The number of features required
- The number of pages
- The style of design
- The content creation
- And more
However, if you already have a website and want to invest in a responsive design only, then the price can range between $3,000 and $25,000.
A common billing option among the top responsive web design companies is also the fee per hour.
In this case, you can expect to pay between $50 and $200 per hour. Some factors that will influence this cost are the companies:
Why Hire A Responsive Web Design Agency?
Here are the top reasons why you should consider investing your time and money in a responsive web design company:
Reason #1: Better User Experience
53% of mobile users leave a page that takes longer than three seconds to load. (Think with Google)
One of the major factors that influence the quality of user experience is the time spent on site.
If website visitors find it difficult to navigate through the pages, you will see a higher number of bounce rates and lose some of your potential clients.
However, if your website is mobile-responsive and visitors find it easy to use and navigate on any device, then you will provide them with consistent user experience and increase dwell time which ultimately boosts your website rankings.
A responsive web design company is always on top of mobile UX trends and can keep your website up-to-date with the latest changes as well as provide your visitors with a memorable experience.
Reason #2: Improved Search Engine Rankings
Websites that are mobile-friendly enjoy higher search engine rankings. (Google)
In 2015, Google expanded the use of mobile-friendliness as a ranking factor. And with the increased number of smartphone users, responsive web design for mobile is more important than ever in SEO.
This change allows users to find relevant and high-quality search results that solve their problems and answer their questions.
Mobile-friendly website design not only builds higher authority and reputation for your brand but it also performs better on search engines.
Reason #3: Boost In Sales
79% of consumers who are disappointed with the website’s performance are less likely to make a purchase from the same site again. (Neil Patel)
People constantly use their mobile phones to search for products or services around them.
However, if they visit a website that does not perform well on the device they use, they will bounce and you will miss the opportunity to convert the visitor.
Responsive website design companies can increase your sales opportunities by providing you with a fully functional and compelling mobile-ready website that provides users with an engaging user experience.
How To Hire A Responsive Web Design Company Company?
Here are a few tips that can make your search for the right responsive web design firm easier:
- Set a budget: Think about the cost of your mobile-first web design and see how much you can allocate for such services. This will help you understand which of these agencies can fit your budget.
- Go through their reviews: See what previous clients say about every responsive web design company to get an insight into their credibility and the results they’ve delivered.
- Evaluate their portfolios: View their past work to discover the level of their experience, the type of clients they partner with and their industry expertise.
- Ask about the expected timeline: Find out how many projects every potential responsive web design agency currently works on to see whether they can deliver your project on time.
- Discover their industry experience: Learn whether these web designers have worked on similar projects. The experts who know your market well can accelerate project delivery and better meet your needs.
- Conduct interviews: Whether online or off, meet with every prospective responsive web design company to evaluate their culture, communication skills, project management, level of experience as well as their personality to find a partner that will meet your expectations.
15 Questions To Ask A Responsive Web Design Agency Before You Hire One
Ask the best responsive web design companies the following questions before you make the right choice:
- What type of mobile web design services do you offer?
- Have you ever worked on similar projects? What results have you delivered?
- What features should my website include?
- How will you make sure that my website design is unique and distinctive?
- Can you describe the mobile website design process?
- What are the steps to making my website mobile responsive?
- How do you stay up-to-date with the latest web design trends?
- Do you have any case studies or reviews I can refer to?
- What is your project management structure? Do you use any tools to manage your projects?
- How will you ensure the quality of my website?
- Who will work on my project and how skilled are your web designers?
- Do you have a crisis management plan?
- How will you determine the project timeline?
- When and what outcomes should I expect?
- How do you charge and how much will my project cost?
Takaways On Hiring A Responsive Web Design Company
The best responsive web design companies specialize in creating mobile responsive websites that your audience can access from different devices.
They combine their skills and technology to provide you with high-end services which enhance the user experience, improve your search engine rankings and boost your conversions.
To pick the right partner who can develop your web design for mobile, go back to our list of the best candidates on the market and compare them based on their location, team size and average rates.
Then, set interviews with the prospective responsive web design companies and pay attention to their reviews, portfolios and industry experience.
In addition, don’t forget to ask the right questions that will help you discover the level of experience, project management and communication skills of every company.
But before you go…
Here are a few bonus tips to make your search for the right partner easier and quicker:
- After-launch support: Pick a responsive web design agency that will provide you with post-launch support and that will want to engage in a long term partnership.
- Website quality: Work with a company that will provide you with a warranty on the quality of your website and which delivers what promised.
- Contract: Hire a responsive website design firm that offers an agreement and make sure it includes confidentiality clauses to keep your personal data secure.
Best of luck!