Table of Contents
- What Are Healthcare Mobile App Development Companies?
- What Do Healthcare Mobile App Developers Do?
- What Types of Healthcare Apps Can These Companies Help You Build?
- Why Hire a Mobile Healthcare Application Development Company?
- How Much Does Mobile App Development for Healthcare Cost?
- How to Find the Right Healthcare Mobile App Development Firm?
- 10 Questions to Ask Healthcare Mobile App Developers
- Takeaways on Healthcare Mobile App Development Companies
Healthcare mobile app development companies create, test, and develop applications that patients, doctors, clinicians, therapists, and other healthcare professionals can use.
Some excellent examples of mobile healthcare apps are those used to book clinic appointments, do telehealth consultations, or make prescriptions.
One of the most significant industries on the global market is healthcare. The healthcare industry includes professionals, pharmaceutical companies, hospital equipment manufacturers, allied health service providers, health insurance providers, and more.
According to data from a Deloitte Global Health Care Outlook study, the worldwide healthcare market is currently valued at a robust $7.724 trillion.
Additionally, there are more than 52,000 health-related apps on the Google Play Store and 51,370 on the Apple App Store during the first quarter of 2022. According to Statista, the market for mobile healthcare apps, or mHealth, will be valued at more than $300 billion by 2025.
The fact that more businesses are producing software to address issues and raise the caliber of healthcare services is one contributing factor to the increasing demand for healthcare mobile app development.
What Do Healthcare Mobile App Developers Do?
These are some of the critical roles and responsibilities of healthcare mobile app development companies:
Role #1: They Ensure Healthcare Compliance
- Complying with the provisions of essential healthcare organizations and standards, including HIPAA, FDA, ANSI, and WHO
- Conforming with ISO and IEC quality control standards and procedures
- Encrypting of data and information in systems
- Authenticating and ensuing security for application access control
- Validating the quality and effectiveness of multiple medical software products
Role #2: They Streamline Processes and Operations
- Improving patient surveillance
- Monitoring of disease conditions, reporting, and treatment better
- Reporting and monitoring of medical operations faster
- Tracking of patient appointments, payment schedules, and performed tests
- Monitoring of mistakes and inconsistencies in drug administration, patient care facilities, and therapy
Role #3: They Provide App Testing, Support, and Maintenance
- Testing accurate performance with the integration of AI, ML, and AR technologies
- Improving patient management and healthcare administration
- Enhancing and speeding up the application's interaction and communication
- Improving the efficiency of the supply chain, drug inspection, and clinical trials
- Improving disease condition and personal health tracker
What Types of Healthcare Apps Can These Companies Help You Build?
Understanding the various types of healthcare apps is vital since the digital healthcare ecosystem can be complex. There are primarily four types of healthcare apps that healthcare mobile app development companies create:
Type #1: Apps for Patients
Apps made specifically for patients are developed for those receiving medical care. They give users access to telemedicine, pharmaceutical services, ambulance services, information on diseases and symptoms, test results, and more.
Type #2: Apps for Healthcare Workers
This refers to applications for monitoring patients and storing medical records. Such healthcare mobile apps allow doctors and clinicians to implement paperless record-keeping. Moreover, they can access patient records wherever they are through cloud computing.
Type #3: Apps for Pharmaceutical Companies
Healthcare mobile apps bring numerous benefits to pharmaceutical companies. They provide a convenient platform for patients to order medications and for pharmacists to manage prescriptions and inventory.
The ease of use and accessibility of the apps make it easier for patients to receive the care they need. On the other hand, pharmacists can keep track of a patient's medications.
Type #4: Apps for Healthcare Organizations
Healthcare facilities can manage their departments, staff, and patient information more efficiently with mobile healthcare applications. The apps are helpful for paperless record-keeping, monitoring work hours, updating shift information, processing medical billing, tracking prescriptions, and more.
Why Hire a Mobile Healthcare Application Development Company?
Whether you run a private practice or are part of a large healthcare organization, here are the benefits of hiring a healthcare mobile app development company:
Benefit #1: Makes Healthcare Accessible to Everyone
Mobile applications have become critical for businesses, particularly in the healthcare industry. That's because such apps provide convenience for all end-users.
Using the applications from anywhere and on any device provides a direct channel between patients and healthcare providers. This enables patients to seek medical assistance and support regardless of location.
Moreover, mobile healthcare applications allow businesses to maintain contact with their staff and clients. This ensures a seamless experience for everyone involved.
Benefit #2: Makes Patient Health Monitoring Easier
A mobile application can also be helpful for patient monitoring. It can be as simple as keeping tabs on a patient's lab results. That way, doctors can see patterns to help improve a patient's healthcare plan. It could also be complex, like making patients use a wearable device that can feed real-time information on their database.
Benefit #3: Reduces Operational Costs
A UK study found that telehealth can reduce operational costs by up to 73%. That's because mobile healthcare apps eliminate the need for travel.
It also reduces the time needed to access old patient files since their electronic medical records are accessible in just a few clicks. Doing so allows healthcare providers and organizations to save time, tantamount to $317 million.
Benefit #4: Improves Patient Care
With the help of healthcare apps, doctors and therapists can provide personalized treatment plans. For instance, a person with diabetes is notified in real-time whenever they have a blood sugar spike. That way, they would know when to take insulin.
On the other hand, an endocrinologist can monitor patterns of a patient's changing blood sugar levels. This can prompt them to coordinate with a nutritionist or dietician to devise a diabetic-friendly meal plan.
How Much Does Mobile App Development for Healthcare Cost?
Mobile app development for healthcare can cost $25 up to $200 per hour. Pricing may vary depending on the complexity of the mobile healthcare app.
A meal-tracking app is less complex than a medical consultation app. That's because the latter requires system integration and compliance.
Another thing you should consider is the required features on your mobile. This will determine the level of expertise required from a developer, which can also impact the pricing.
How to Find the Right Healthcare Mobile App Development Firm?
Selecting the best partner agency to create a mobile app for your practice or organization can take time and effort. Luckily, we are here to advise what you should concentrate on and what to avoid to set your project up for success.
Advice #1: See if They Have Mobile Healthcare App Development Experience
You must choose a service that is experienced in mobile app healthcare development. This includes creating HIPAA-compliant applications.
They must also use the best UI/UX design practices on their apps. This ensures that your partner agency can deliver a functional, easy-to-use mobile healthcare app.
Advice #2: Ensure They Adhere to Data Security Policies
Healthcare is one of the industries most vulnerable to cyberattacks. One reason is that they hold a large amount of sensitive patient data, including their insurance policies and payment details. That said, ensure that a mobile healthcare app development company also provides cybersecurity measures.
Advice #3: Prioritize Interoperability
Interoperability refers to an app's capability to remain functional, regardless of the device. It is like enjoying your Spotify, whether you are using the mobile or desktop app.
Healthcare apps should be the same. Doing so makes the application accessible, which is convenient for the end-users.
Advice #4: Understand Their App Development Process
Every healthcare mobile app development company has its approach to creating applications. Understanding how they work on a project can give you an insight into strategies, design principles, tools, and technologies they use. It also gives you an idea of how much involvement they will need from you and how you can track their progress.
Advice #5: Know the Tools and Technologies They Use
Your partner agency must be proficient in programming languages such as Java or PHP. They must leverage frameworks like React Native or Xamarin, AI for chatbots, and Machine Learning for database administration. Doing so will enable end-users to make the most of your healthcare app.
10 Questions to Ask Healthcare Mobile App Developers
With so many healthcare mobile app development companies, how would you know which service provider best fits your organization? You can learn more about them by asking these questions:
- Who will be responsible for my healthcare app development project?
- How do you handle project timelines and deliverables?
- How do we establish regular communication for updates and feedback?
- Do you have a client portfolio that we can review?
- Can you provide us with case studies of the projects you've done before?
- Can you show us some of the mobile healthcare apps you've created?
- How can we ensure that your mobile app is HIPAA-compliant?
- Do you provide healthcare mobile app development services for private practices, hospitals, or both?
- How involved should we be in this project?
- What is your mobile app development process?
Takeaways on Healthcare Mobile App Development Companies
Healthcare mobile app development companies provide digital medical solutions to healthcare providers and organizations. Its purpose is to streamline operations and improve healthcare services by making them accessible to end-users.
You may maximize user satisfaction and engagement while saving money, time, and effort by hiring experienced and competent healthcare mobile app development companies. In exchange, they can deliver a robust, secure, and user-friendly application.