Table of Contents
- What Makes Portland SEO Companies Unique?
- What Services Can You Outsource To A Portland SEO Agency?
- How Much Do Portland SEO Services Cost?
- Why Should You Outsource SEO In Portland, Oregon?
- How To Select The Right Portland SEO Company
- 15 Questions To Ask Portland SEO Experts
- Takeaways On Portland SEO Companies
What Makes Portland SEO Companies Unique?
Portland SEO companies are different from other SEO companies in the United States for these reasons:
Reason #1: The Portland Tech Scene Is Blooming
Based on the CBRE’s US 2021 Tech Talent Report, Portland is the 20th tech talent market in the country. It is among the fastest-growing markets for tech talent because:
- It has a well-educated workforce
- The city’s top schools produce tech graduates
The city is home to the nationally renowned University of Portland, the second-best regional university in the West and third in the country for best undergraduate teaching. Each year, this institution generates graduates with employable skills.
CBRE reports that the total number of tech talent reached 60,550 in 2019. This indicates that Portland’s tech community is in full bloom and can easily compete with major tech hubs in the nation.
According to the same report, Portland is more competitive than established tech hubs like San Diego, Boston, Los Angeles or New York.
To succeed in this cutthroat environment, Portland SEO companies tend to:
- Hone their skillset continually
- Nurture creative thinking
- Sharpen their problem-solving skills
- Use leading-edge tools
- Stay on top of emerging trends
- Execute high-end projects
Reason #2: Portland Attracts Top Talent From Around The Nation
Portland is the fifth-best city for business and careers in the country.
According to US News, Portland ranks the ninth position as the best place to live in the States. This is due to:
- Quality of life
- Job market
- People’s desire to move and live here
This is why Portland draws skilled talent from across the U.S, including some of the finest SEO specialists.
Boasting a business-friendly environment, the city also attracts many top-tier companies, including:
Some Portland SEO agencies may have developed projects for these famous brands. This implies their performance can live up to these clients’ high standards of quality.
Reason #3: Portland Is Home To Several Growing Industries
These are the leading industries that fuel Portland’s economy:
- High tech
- Athletics and outdoor apparel
Portland SEO experts have managed to accumulate substantial knowledge on these sectors and are very well familiar with:
- Local business ecosystem
- Local market trends
- Industry-specific keywords
- Local audience
- Key competitors
Their deep understanding of the locally dominant sectors makes them uniquely positioned to develop successful projects for clients operating in these industries.
What Services Can You Outsource To A Portland SEO Agency?
Portland SEO companies provide standard search engine optimization services to help businesses achieve various goals like:
- Higher rankings in SERPs
- Increased website traffic
- Higher conversions
- Better alignment with their audience’s search intent
They specialize in:
- On-page SEO: Portland SEO agencies optimize content for both users and search engines. Their main techniques include thorough keyword research, creating content based on target keywords and search intent, optimizing title tags, images, URLs, meta descriptions and more.
- Technical SEO: These specialized companies develop multiple strategies to ensure their clients’ websites adhere to Google’s technical guidelines. These include key components such as crawling, indexing, website architecture and page speed.
- Off-page SEO: SEO experts execute strategies outside websites to improve domain authority, helping their clients enhance brand reputation and credibility. To do this, they engage in tasks such as creating guest posts, building quality backlinks, increasing engagement on social media and more.
- Local SEO: Portland SEO companies also help brands improve local visibility. They apply tactics like optimizing their Google My Business and creating “NAP” citations to help them drive organic traffic and qualified leads from local searches.
In addition, most agencies based in Portland also offer additional services like:
- SEO audit
- Market research
- Reporting and analytics
- Web design
- Web development
- Content marketing
- Search engine marketing
- eCommerce marketing
- Video marketing
- And more
How Much Do Portland SEO Services Cost?
For Portland SEO services, prices vary based on various factors such as:
- Agency’s reputation
- Agency’s size
- Number of specialists involved in the project
- Project’s scope
- Website’s size
- Project’s deadline
The most common billing models are:
- Hourly fee: Most Portland SEO companies charge an average hourly rate between $100 and $149.
- Project-based fee: Most SEO agencies in Portland take on projects valued between $5,000 to $10,000.
Why Should You Outsource SEO In Portland, Oregon?
These are the two major reasons why you should consider hiring a Portland SEO company:
Reason #1: Benefit From Their Local Market Know-How
The primary reason why businesses in the surrounding areas outsource SEO to Portland, Oregon is to leverage these agencies’ extensive experience in the locally dominant industries.
Living and operating in the same ecosystem, they have accumulated a deep knowledge of these sectors and know their strengths and weaknesses.
If you want to expand your business and reach a bigger audience on a local level, Portland SEO companies can be the best option for your goals as they hold valuable insights into the local market.
Reason #2: Access Their Skilled Talent Pool
Home to several prominent universities, Portland entices top talent from around the country. The city boasts a well-educated workforce that can provide nationally competitive services across the board, including the SEO industry.
The city’s high concentration of talent has also attracted many business investments. Renowned brands like Google and Apple have offices in Portland.
These huge companies are likely to place their trust into Portland SEO companies. We can safely assume that local SEO companies can offer high-value services and deliver challenging projects.
How To Select The Right Portland SEO Company
To choose the right SEO provider in Portland for your business, follow these steps:
Step #1: Assess Their Previous Work
The past projects of prospective Portland SEO companies will grant you detailed information on their:
- Quality of work
- Industry expertise
- Ability to deliver results
Evaluate their past performance by analyzing their case studies and portfolios. Check out their clients’ websites to see whether they have managed to keep them on top of SERPs.
We advise you to choose an SEO expert that has proven experience in your niche as they have already built domain knowledge and are better prepared to deliver successful results.
Step #2: Learn About Their SEO Tools
Premium tools such as Moz, SEMrush or Ahrefs enable SEO specialists to develop efficient and successful strategies since they provide vital insights into:
- Highly-relevant keywords
- Competitors’ rankings
- Backlink profiles
- And more
Specialized companies that use these tools can optimize your website properly and generate qualified traffic. This is why you need to ensure the SEO agency you partner with has access to these to help you stay ahead of your competition.
Step #3: Read Their Client Reviews
Client feedback and references are evidence of these companies’ credibility, reliability and transparency. Make sure to read them to find out how they plan and deliver projects.
They will also reveal details about their:
- Corporate culture
- Daily processes
- Customer service
Step #4: See How They Report On Results
Reporting is an essential part of the SEO process. Your future partner should be able to track and measure results in order to tweak their strategies accordingly and achieve your set objectives. Some of the metrics they should constantly keep an eye on are:
- Organic traffic
- Conversion rates
- Keyword rankings
- Number of backlinks
- Engagement metrics
- And more
So, for a successful long-term strategy that will maintain your website healthy, ask Portland SEO companies:
- Which metrics they will focus on?
- How the data will impact their strategies going forward?
- How long will it take for visible results?
- How frequently they will send reports?
15 Questions To Ask Portland SEO Experts
Ask your agency candidates this series of questions to ensure they can meet your business needs and requirements:
- Will you perform an SEO audit and suggest recommendations?
- Will you take a personalized approach to your strategy?
- Will you apply the best SEO practices to each web page?
- What type of SEO tools do you use to gauge data and create strategies?
- Have you ever worked for clients within our industry?
- Are you experienced in local SEO?
- What are some of the technical SEO issues that require immediate fix?
- Can you also create content for our website?
- What is the timeframe for seeing results?
- How will our in-house team be involved in the project?
- How will you measure the success of your SEO efforts?
- Who from your team will work on our account and what is their level of experience?
- How often will we discuss the project’s ongoing progress?
- How much will the entire project cost?
- Do you keep up with the latest industry trends?
Takeaways On Portland SEO Companies
Thanks to their experience in the local industries, Portland SEO companies may be a great choice for your next project. They have unique insights under their belt that can help you:
- Target high-value keywords in your niche
- Reach and engage your local audience
- Boost your organic traffic and rankings
Beyond these unique features, these specialized companies also:
- Employ top-notch talent
- Provide high-quality services
Most Portland SEO companies charge between $100 and $149.
To find the right SEO partner for your brand, make sure to:
- Analyze their previous work
- See what SEO tools they use
- Check their client reviews
- Learn how they send reports
Good luck with your research!