Table of Contents
- What Makes Digital Marketing Agencies In Portland Unique?
- What Services Can You Outsource To Digital Marketing Firms In Portland?
- How Much Does Digital Marketing In Portland Cost?
- Why Should You Hire A Digital Marketing Agency In Portland, Oregon?
- How To Choose The Best Digital Marketing Agency In Portland
- 10 Questions To Ask Digital Marketing Firms In Portland Before Hiring One
- Takeaways On Digital Marketing Agencies In Portland
What Makes Digital Marketing Agencies In Portland Unique?
Digital marketing agencies in Portland are unlike all others and these are the three reasons that support this fact:
Reason #1: Portland Is A Tech Hub On The Rise
According to CBRE, Portland holds 20th place on the tech talent scorecard ranking.
It is one of the fastest-growing tech talent markets mostly for its:
- High concentration of college-educated workers
- Major universities producing tech graduates
Internationally recognized institutions like the University of Portland, which ranks second on the list of best regional universities west rankings and third in best undergraduate teaching, produce a highly qualified workforce.
Based on CBRE’s US 2020 Tech Talent report, the city acquired 9,502 tech degrees between 2014 and 2018 and added 14,580 tech jobs between 2015 and 2019.
In fact, in 2019, the total number of tech talent amounted to 60,550. The non-tech employment estimated 137, 610 positions among which 11,750 were employed in the marketing sector.
While digital marketing is considered to be both a technical and non-technical job, digital marketers in Portland operate in a highly competitive environment.
With a tech labor market competitiveness index of 188, Portland is a more competitive place to work than some major tech hubs like Philadelphia, Chicago and Los Angeles.
This indicates that to stand out from the crowd, digital marketing agencies in Portland are bound to:
- Deliver high-end projects
- Use cutting edge tools
- Always stay up-to-date with current trends
Reason #2: Portland Drives Skilled Talent From Across The US
Apart from producing a highly skilled workforce, Portland also entices skilled talent from Oregon and the whole country.
Data supports this and in fact, the city holds the fifth position of Forbes’s ranking for best places for business and careers.
In addition, according to US News, Portland is the ninth best place to live in the US based on various factors like:
- Quality of life
- Job market
- People's desire to live there
Along with skilled talent, the city also attracts many business investments.
As a result, many notable companies are located here including:
Developing strategies for notable brands like these, digital marketing agencies in Portland have turned into some of the best on the market.
Reason #3: Portland Is Home To A Number Of Growing Industries
Portland is home to a number of thriving industries that fuel its job market and Oregon’s economy including:
- High tech
- Athletics and outdoor apparel
What makes digital marketing agencies operating in the area more competitive than their other US-based counterparts is their deep understanding of these dominant sectors.
These local companies tend to acquire experience in:
- The local ecosystem
- The local audience
- The key competitors
These unique insights allow them to deliver successful projects.
What Services Can You Outsource To Digital Marketing Firms In Portland?
Based on your unique business needs and goals, digital marketing agencies in Portland can take various initiatives to grow your brand online and drive measurable results in the form of lead generation, conversions and revenue.
Considering the fact that these professional companies come in different shapes and sizes and they employ different talent pools, the scope of their services will vary.
Some operations they can assist you with include:
- Video production
- Video marketing
- Content writing
- Content marketing
- Social media marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Email marketing
- eCommerce marketing operations
- Amazon marketing
- Marketing analytics and big data
- Inbound marketing
- Integrated marketing
- Public relations
- Crisis management
- Web design and development
- App design and development
- Software development
- Business consulting
- And more
How Much Does Digital Marketing In Portland Cost?
Outsourcing digital marketing to Portland can cost you anywhere between $50 and $150 per hour.
The huge difference in price comes as a result of various factors like:
- Company stature and industry reputation
- Company team size
- Project type, scope and complexity
If a company offers you to charge you by the project, then you will pay for their specific services.
For instance, the following may cost you between:
- $1,000 and $7,500 for SEO
- $300 and $2,000/month for email marketing
- $1,200 and $50,000 for video marketing
Additionally, another pricing structure digital marketing agencies in Portland can offer is the result-based fee.
In this case, you as a client will issue the payment based on your partner’s performance and the delivered results.
These results will depend on your unique needs and may include:
- Getting high-quality leads
- Boosting social media engagement
- Increasing sales
- And more
Why Should You Hire A Digital Marketing Agency In Portland, Oregon?
The primary reason why you should partner with a digital marketing agency in Portland, Oregon is the access to top talent.
The city not only produces a highly educated workforce with its internationally recognized universities that are the primary reason why the city is a thriving tech hub, but it also attracts some of the finest digital marketers in the nation thanks to its:
- High quality of life
- Job market growth
- Great conditions for career development
So, Portland is a top destination for professionals who want to build a career.
The highly qualified workforce also entices many business investments and the city is home to many notable brands like Google and Dell.
To serve huge companies like these with demanding needs the best, local digital marketing agencies:
- Stay on top of the latest marketing and technology trends
- Use premium tools
These are key characteristics that indicate that these companies offer high-end services.
In addition, if you want to expand your business and reach a wider audience on a local level, then digital marketing agencies in Portland can be your best bet thanks to their unique insights into the local market.
How To Choose The Best Digital Marketing Agency In Portland
When looking for the best digital marketing agency in Portland, Oregon, take the following factors into account:
- Portfolios and case studies: These are proof of the company’s existence that showcase their core areas of expertise, the type of clients they partner with and the industries they serve. Looking at portfolios and case studies will also tell you what type of campaigns these agencies have created as well as whether they are capable of delivering results.
- Reviews and references: Client feedback matters in understanding what kind of collaboration you can expect with each prospective company. They will speak volumes about their reliability, company culture, transparency and flexibility. Pick the one that you feel most comfortable working with.
- Talent: The strongest asset of every digital marketing company are its team members. Therefore, take the time to meet the experts that will work on your project and learn what level of experience they have. Make sure you partner with an agency whose team has the right skillset and enough experience to lead your project.
- Strategic approach: A best practice to follow when selecting the best digital marketing agency in Portland, is to pick one that creates customized strategies based on each business’s unique needs and goals. This is a key factor that can make your project successful.
- Communication: Proper communication can help you and your partner establish a healthy partnership. This is why you should look for an agency that defines the contact person and communication channels from the very start. They should keep you in the loop about project progress, send analytical reports and communicate about any issues or concerns that might come along.
10 Questions To Ask Digital Marketing Firms In Portland Before Hiring One
Once you narrow down the list of the best digital marketing agencies in Portland, set interviews to further expand your research.
Then, once you schedule a meeting, whether it be online or in-person, make sure you ask the following questions:
- Based on our business goals, what services and strategies do you believe are of high priority?
- How will you execute these strategies and how will you ensure they reflect our brand and are proposed for the right audience?
- Have you ever worked for a business in the same or similar niche? What were the outcomes?
- How will you measure the success of the project and which metrics will you track?
- Will you send analytical reports? If yes, how often?
- How do you stay on top of emerging trends and how will you implement them in our project?
- Can I meet the experts who will work on my project?
- When can we expect to see results?
- What is your pricing policy and how much can I expect to pay?
- Will there be any additional expenses?
Takeaways On Digital Marketing Agencies In Portland
You should outsource your project to a digital marketing agency in Portland, Oregon because these professional companies:
- Employ highly skilled workforce
- Are always on top of emerging trends
- Have local market know-how
The cost of their services varies and they may approximately charge you between $50 and $150 per hour.
Finding the best partner for your project can be a difficult task and a tricky process.
However, to make your choice easier, take the time to research the digital marketing agencies in Portland in our table by considering the following key factors:
- Portfolios and case studies
- Reviews and references
- Strategic approach
Best of luck!