Table of Contents
- What Makes New York Creative Agencies Unique?
- What Does A NYC Creative Agency Specialize In?
- What Are The Different Types Of New York Creative Agencies?
- How Much Do NYC Creative Agencies Charge?
- Why Hire A New York Creative Agency?
- How To Choose The Best NYC Creative Agency
- 10 Questions To Ask When Hiring A New York Creative Agency
- Takeaways On NYC Creative Agencies
What Makes New York Creative Agencies Unique?
New York is considered to be the globe’s creative capital. The city has established itself as a worldwide thought-leader in creative industries such as advertising, design, publishing, film and television, fashion and more.
Of all creative industry jobs nationwide, 12% are condensed in The Big Apple. This makes NYC creatives some of the most talented and skillful professionals in the US.
Being a world leader in the creative sector, New York attracts the best specialists from around the country as well as the world.
New York is the destination of choice for high-achievers, creative masterminds and top-class employees.
The open-minded ambiance, culturally diverse communities and a profusion of internationally acclaimed universities lay the ground for such concentration of talent.
Educational institutions such as Columbia Business School, Miami Ad School – New York, The New York Institute of Technology and more produce some of the finest advertisers, digital marketers and graphic designers in the world.
This means NYC creative agencies host not only highly-qualified professionals but also the world’s leading experts in the field.
When it comes to creativity, there isn’t another place quite like New York City. That’s why the creative agencies are bound to offer superior services.
Moreover, New York is the fourth most expensive city in the world. The high cost of living and the tremendous competition within the industry mean that only the best creative agencies make it in New York.
How Big Is The Creative Talent Pool In New York?
The creatives are categorized by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics under the broad umbrella of advertising, promotions and marketing managers.
New York crushes fellow state competitors with 7,830 people working in the creative industry.
According to the same source, the field is expected to grow 6% from 2019 to 2029, faster than other occupations.
Considering it takes only seven seconds for consumers to form an opinion about a brand, businesses across all industries will continue to hire creative agencies to bolster their brand image and run effective marketing campaigns.
What Does A NYC Creative Agency Specialize In?
Unlike their counterparts in the rest of the world, NYC creative agencies tend to be qualified in developing creative strategies for brands within the locally dominant sectors.
In 2017, New York’s GDP was over $1.5 trillion, making it the world’s largest metro economy.
The six leading industries thrusting New York’s economy are:
- Retail Trade
- Professional and technical services
- Educational services
Much like any other creative agencies out there, a NYC creative agency specializes in mixing advertising and marketing to help brands fortify their position on the market, promote themselves and engage wider audiences.
Creative agencies in New York typically specialize in:
- Digital marketing
- Graphic design
- Web design
- Social media marketing
- Content marketing
- Video marketing
- And more
What Are The Different Types Of New York Creative Agencies?
Based on the exact type of services they provide, NYC creative agencies can be classified into five different categories:
- Advertising agencies: These specialists focus on providing advertising services to promote brands and expand their reach. They develop marketing campaigns to generate brand awareness and drive engagement. Their typical offerings include: market research, brand strategy, content creation, paid advertising, social media and more.
- Digital agencies: These agencies have teams of both technical and creative experts who build engaging digital platforms that help businesses stand out from the crowd. They usually provide services such as analytics, online campaigns, SEO, advertising, lead generation, social media and more.
- Media agencies: These creative professionals define how businesses can reach their target audiences and spot the best places to advertise in order to enhance their brand presence and authority. Their main services include public relations and advertising.
- Design agencies: Creative agencies that specialize in design focus on the visual aspect of brands, the look of their products or services. They offer services like digital and print design, branding, product design and more. Their goal is to make clients’ products more appealing to potential customers.
- Interactive agencies: These specialized agencies focus on providing internet and technological development with a creative twist. Their primary services include website and app development, eCommerce consulting, online advertising and marketing and more.
How Much Do NYC Creative Agencies Charge?
NYC creative agencies can charge you by the hour or by the project. The overall cost of employing their services depends on your business goals, the type of services you require or your project deadline.
Most NYC creative agencies have an average hourly rate between $150 and $250.
When it comes to project pricing, these professionals charge between $10,000 and $25,000.
There are also award-winning creative agencies that charge $300 per hour and take on projects valued between $25,000 and $50,000.
The pricing list is higher than in other US cities and reflects the high competition within the industry and the equally high degree of talent.
Why Hire A New York Creative Agency?
Considering its status as a creative global authority, it’s easy to assume that a NYC creative agency delivers only top-quality services.
Here are the three main reasons why you should hire a New York creative agency:
- Stellar talent pool: New York is a magnet for high-end talent from all across the globe. This results in a highly competitive workforce with solid expertise that can provide exceptional services.
- Superior creativity: New York is home to some of the most ingenious and creative minds in the world. Whether it’s design, content or digital strategy, every single work they produce oozes creativity and can make your brand stand out in the marketplace and outshine your competition.
- Local market expertise: Operating in the same ecosystem for a long time, NYC creative agencies have gained a deep understanding of the local market. They can provide high-value insights to propel your brand toward success and knock out your competitors.
How To Choose The Best NYC Creative Agency
With such a high concentration of skills and talent, choosing the best New York creative agency will not be an easy task.
Follow these three steps when hiring a NYC creative agency to ensure you’re making the right call for your brand:
Step #1: Determine The Type Of Services You Need
It’s key to have a full understanding of your company’s goals in order to select a creative agency that has the experience and expertise to meet your requirements.
The best creative agencies in New York offer an ample array of tasks and services. They can do so much for your brand; all you have to do is convey your objectives.
Partner with an agency that can provide the type of services your brand needs and let these top-notch creative teams create all-encompassing strategies.
This will ensure that all strategies seamlessly flow together. That creates a positive and engaging user experience that it’s vital to the success of your brand.
Step #2: Assess Their Previous Work
Looking through the portfolios of potential candidates is an essential step in the hiring process.
This will provide you with information about their past work and the areas they excelled or failed in. You can also pick up insights about how resourceful, flexible or reliable they are, as well as their quality of work.
Moreover, it’s important to determine if they have experience in your niche or have tackled similar business issues to ensure your project will be successful.
Step #3: Take Communication Into Account
Communication is essential for project success. That’s why you need to establish clear and effective communication with an agency.
Decide from the get-go who exactly will your point of contact be to make sure your deliverables are met and aligned with your business objectives.
The NYC creative agency you choose should be available at any time to provide you with updates, reports and consultations or set up meetings whenever you want.
10 Questions To Ask When Hiring A New York Creative Agency
Before starting your journey with a New York creative agency, get hold of as much information as you can about their corporate culture, their processes and transparency as well as their quality of their work.
Ask them these questions:
- Do you have experience in our industry? Have you worked on a similar project before?
- What resources do you need us to provide you with?
- Who will be our main point of contact?
- Can you show us some of your case studies and successful projects?
- How will you develop a strategy to help us accomplish our objectives?
- Will you conduct research to define and understand our target audience?
- When can we expect to see results?
- Do you outsource any of the tasks required?
- What does your creative process look like?
- How will you measure the success of marketing campaigns?
Takeaways On NYC Creative Agencies
NYC creative agencies are among the most qualified, talented and resourceful in the entire world.
These specialists have the skills and tools to provide high-quality creative solutions that stimulate business growth.
They typically have extensive experience in providing services for the locally dominant industries: finance, retail trade, manufacturing.
What sets apart creative agencies in New York from the rest of the world are these key elements:
- High-end talent
- Outstanding creativity
- Local market prowess
Make sure you find the right partner for your brand by applying these three steps:
- Decide on the type of services your business needs
- Examine their work portfolio
- Consider communication
Most NYC creative agencies charge between $150 and $250 per hour.
Best of luck!