Table of Contents
- What Differentiates Graphic Design Companies In California From Other US-Based Competitors?
- What Services Can You Outsource To Design Firms In California?
- How Much Do Graphic Design Companies In California Charge For Their Services?
- Why Hire A Graphic Design Firm In California?
- How To Choose The Best Graphic Designer In California
- 10 Questions To Ask Design Firms In California Before You Hire One
- Takeaways On Graphic Design Companies In California
What Differentiates Graphic Design Companies In California From Other US-Based Competitors?
While graphic design companies in California offer standard design services, there are several key aspects that separate them from all other related agencies:
California Has One Of The Largest Economies In The World
According to Forbes, if California was a country, it would hold fifth place on the list of largest economies in the world.
Though it is one-third of the size of Japan and not even two-thirds of the size of the UK, the state holds hefty economic strength.
With a GDP of $3.1 trillion, it represents 15% of the US economy.
The biggest industries that contribute to this position are:
Graphic designers operating in this state have accumulated deep experience in these sectors, which allows them to deliver successful projects for local clients.
It Is Home To Silicon Valley
California is home to Silicon Valley, the center for technology and innovation.
The area has the densest concentration of tech companies in the world - about 2,000, including Apple, Google and Facebook.
The proximity to these suppliers, the innovative mindset, the cutting-edge research and the lifestyle founded on technologically-based wealth make the local graphic designers uniquely positioned to deliver high-end services.
It Has Pleasant Conditions For Business
Unlike many other US states, California has pleasant conditions for doing business.
In fact, we can find San Francisco, Oakland, San Diego, Sacramento and Riverside on Forbes’s list of best places for doing business and careers in the US.
This is why many top-notch graphic designers from around the country move to live and work here.
In California, you will find some of the finest experts in the nation.
This is also the reason why more than 100 Fortune 1000 companies are based here, including Visa, HP, eBay and PayPal.
Serving brands like these, graphic designers in California:
- Offer high-end services
- Stay on top of emerging trends
- Use cutting edge tools
What Services Can You Outsource To Design Firms In California?
Graphic design companies in California create visual concepts to convey information, represent brands and create strong identities.
They help companies attract new clients and retain the old ones through various strategies that may include but are not limited to:
- Designing print design materials like:
- Magazines, catalogs and newspapers
- Annual reports
- Creating UX/UI design like:
- Website navigation
- Font and branding typography
- Banners and imagery
- Building environmental designs like:
- Billboards, posters and signs
- Events and conferences
- Brick and mortar stores
- Pop-up shops
- Museum exhibits
- Focusing on marketing graphic design like:
- Social media posts
- Banner ads
- Paid media advertisements
- Email marketing templates
- Developing corporate designs like:
- Corporate reports
- Office branding
- Storefront signage
How Much Do Graphic Design Companies In California Charge For Their Services?
The two most common pricing structures that design firms in California offer are:
- An hourly rate
- A flat fee
The average fee per hour ranges between $50 and $150 and depends on several factors including company seniority, project complexity and project deadline.
If an agency offers you a flat fee it means that you would pay a fixed price for specific services.
In this case, you can expect your partner to charge you:
- $2,000 - $15,000 for logo design
- $5,000 - $10,000 for web design
Why Hire A Graphic Design Firm In California?
These are the top three reasons why you should invest in a graphic design company based in California:
- World-leading expertise: Due to the pleasant conditions for business and careers, design firms in California entice and employ some of the finest experts in the nation. Here you will find top-notch talent along with high-quality services and products.
- Insider perspective of the local market: Having operated in the area and having served local businesses and clients, graphic designers in California have gained a deep understanding of the local ecosystem, market opportunities and challenges. They know the local audiences well and are familiar with their needs, likes and pain points. This is why they are uniquely positioned to deliver visual products that can connect you with the right target group.
- Innovation capacities: Due to their proximity to Silicon Valley, leading tech companies and cutting-edge research, graphic designers operating in the area are widely known for their creativity and innovative capacities. This allows them to deliver visual products that stand out and help brands gain a competitive advantage.
How To Choose The Best Graphic Designer In California
Follow these three key steps to make sure you partnered with the best graphic designer in California:
Step #1: Understand How They Stay On Top Of Trends
New technologies are always emerging and trends are shifting, so be sure to partner with an agency that is able to keep up with industry changes and design trends and deliver up-to-date services and solutions that work.
Step #2: Find Out Who Will Be Working On Your Project
Make sure the team who will be working on your project has the right qualifications, the right experience and the right passion to create captivating designs that make an impact on your audience.
These professionals should have experience creating the kind of print collateral you’re looking for. You also want them to have experience in your industry and even your niche so that they can craft relevant designs.
An agency as a whole is different from its individual team members. You wouldn’t hire just anyone to work for your internal team, so don’t settle when enlisting the help of an agency partner.
Step #3: Ask How They Invest In Partnerships
Relationship building is important when it comes to scoping out a graphic design agency in California.
You don’t want this to be a simple business transaction, but a flourishing partnership that lasts years into the future.
If you have another design project in the future, you want to feel like you can go back to this agency and pick up right where you left off.
Enlisting the help of an outside agency takes work and requires a lot of investment, so look for an agency that takes the time to learn and invest in you, like you’re doing with them.
10 Questions To Ask Design Firms In California Before You Hire One
Here are the top 10 questions to ask graphic design companies in California before you choose one:
- Have you ever worked on similar projects?
- What is your design aesthetic and how will you infuse it into our existing branding?
- How will you handle changes in the design market?
- What tools do you have to assess new and emerging trends?
- How would you describe our brand and how can you see it changing?
- Do you plan to research our audience and how will you target it visually?
- What materials will you need from us during the project?
- Who will be working on our project and what is their experience?
- Who will be our point of contact?
- Would you be interested in working on more projects with our brand in the future?
Takeaways On Graphic Design Companies In California
Graphic design companies in California are the best choice to outsource your project to because they:
- Employ world-leading expertise
- Have an insider perspective of the local market
- Are creative and innovative
They typically charge between $50 and $150 per hour.
To select the best graphic designer in California:
- Understand how they stay on top of trends
- Find out who will be working on your project
- Ask how they invest in partnerships
Best of luck!