Table of Contents
- What Makes Chicago eCommerce Developers Unique?
- What Do Chicago eCommerce Developers Specialize In?
- What Are The Different Types Of Chicago eCommerce Development Companies?
- How Much Do Chicago eCommerce Developers Charge?
- Why Hire Chicago eCommerce Developers
- How To Find The Right Chicago eCommerce Development Agency For Your Business
- 10 Questions To Ask Chicago eCommerce Developers Before You Hire The Right One
- Last Tips To Consider After You Hire A Chicago eCommerce Development Company To Ensure Your Project’s Success
What Makes Chicago eCommerce Developers Unique?
Hosting Google, Salesforce, LinkedIn and other offices of the leading tech companies, Chicago has built a reputation of one of the major tech hubs worldwide. This is why many global brands and startups alike are turning to the city for development services.
And, while the top Chicago eCommerce developers are able to offer first-class services and results, they do so at a more affordable rate than their counterparts in New York or California.
The cost of living in the Windy City is 36.3% lower than in NYC which is how Chicago-based companies are able to achieve better rates for the same or similar service quality like the eCommerce development companies in New York provide.
Finally, what makes Chicago eCommerce developers stand out is also their experience in the locally dominant industries:
These companies have a unique insight into the local market and ecosystem which makes them one-of-a-kind and highly sought-after.
What Do Chicago eCommerce Developers Specialize In?
There are many aspects of eCommerce web development.
However, each location offers unique advantages. Such is the case with Chicago eCommerce development companies as well.
The city’s rich creative history has enabled them to always find the right custom solution for their clients.
Here is what these professional agencies are qualified at:
- Creating online stores with the help of eCommerce software
- Incorporating UX and UI design
- Integrating third-party applications and platforms
- Configuring a shopping cart and payment options
- User training
- And more
Although their responsibilities don’t make them any different than other eCommerce agencies, their deep knowledge in the locally dominant industries certainly makes them unique.
What Are The Different Types Of Chicago eCommerce Development Companies?
We can divide Chicago eCommerce companies into three categories based on:
- The types of businesses they work with: Some of these companies choose to work with startups and small businesses whereas others help well-established brands.
- The platforms they use: Some developers are Shopify certified and others have experience in working with bigCommerce or Salesforce.
- The industries they serve: Some Chicago eCommerce companies choose to serve particular industries while others have a deep understanding and work with businesses from various local industry backgrounds.
How Much Do Chicago eCommerce Developers Charge?
Typically, eCommerce development in Chicago costs between $100 and $200 per hour. It most often depends on the company’s size, experience and industry reputation.
Another payment option is paying per project.
In this case, the cost goes from $1,000 to over $50,000, based on:
- The project’s complexity
- The platform used
- The number of developers engaged
Why Hire Chicago eCommerce Developers
Here are the top reasons to hire Chicago eCommerce developers:
Chicago is the #1 startup city in the entire Midwest.(Techcrunch)
The US Midwest is home to nearly 70 million people and Chicago dominates its startup scene.
The reasonable cost of living and the tech scene growing rapidly in recent years has stimulated the rise of new businesses.
With hands full of work, Chicago eCommerce companies are bound to stay on top of the latest technologies to meet the needs of their clients.
This is why they have shaped into some of the finest experts in the world who can build a cutting-edge online store and boost your profit.
The net tech employment in the Chicago metro area is 344,146.(Cyberstates)
The sheer number of people working in Chicago’s tech industry commands respect.
Their experience in eCommerce and their knowledge of the local market makes these agencies a great choice for businesses that want to establish a local presence, but also for brands that want to expand internationally.
Thanks to their unique insight of your audience, competition and the locally dominant industries, these companies employ some of the best talents who push you a step ahead of your competitors and accelerate business growth.
How To Find The Right Chicago eCommerce Development Agency For Your Business
Before you start your search for the right partner think about your needs and requirements firsts. It will help you understand which of the agencies can meet your goals and narrow the list of potential companies down.
Then, set interviews with each of them and pay attention to:
- Portfolio: Find out what projects they have worked on, who their clients are and what is their main area of expertise. Then, choose the companies that meet your expectations.
- Services: These companies can offer a full suite of eCommerce services or highly focused and specialized services. Identify the ones whose offering matches your business requirements.
- Client reviews: Assess their references and other client reviews to develop deeper insight into the company’s business ethic and service quality.
- Company culture: This is particularly important if you are looking for a long-term eCommerce partner to provide continuous maintenance, consultancy and/or marketing services. To make the most of your collaboration, it is ideal that your organizations function as one team, and to be able to achieve this, you have to ensure that you are compatible in terms of management style and corporate dynamics.
10 Questions To Ask Chicago eCommerce Developers Before You Hire The Right One
When it comes to choosing the best Chicago eCommerce developers for your business, the selection process can be very challenging.
Setting interviews with potential candidates can help.
Here are a few questions that you should ask:
- Do you have any experience that is relevant to my business?
- Who are some of your past clients?
- What kind of projects have you done for them?
- How do you stay up-to-date with the latest eCommerce trends?
- Where can I see your portfolio?
- Where can I see reviews from your previous clients?
- Which eCommerce platforms do you have experience with?
- How many people will be working on my project?
- How will you determine which of your employees are best suited to handle my project?
- How much will this cost me?
Last Tips To Consider After You Hire A Chicago eCommerce Development Company To Ensure Your Project’s Success
Chicago-based eCommerce developers can be the right choice for your business because of their high-end tech skills for lower cost of services and their experience in the locally dominant industries.
Thanks to their high-end services, you can get an online store that will help you reach a wider audience, close more deals and increase your profit.
To get optimal results after your project starts, make sure you:
- Be responsive: Collaboration is the key to success. So, ensure you always find time for your partner and never miss a meeting.
- Follow trends: Stay up-to-date with eCommerce trends and pay attention to what your competition is doing. It will help you stay a step in front of them.
- Track progress: Consider the reports your partner provides you with to understand how well your business is progressing, how your audience behaves and whether your agency’s strategies work.
Best of luck!