Table of Contents
- What Is A Restaurant Website Design Company?
- What Do Restaurant Website Design Agencies Do To Help You Stand Out?
- How Much Does Restaurant Website Design Cost?
- Why Should You Hire A Restaurant Website Design Agency?
- How To Choose The Best Restaurant Website Design Company?
- 10 Questions To Ask Restaurant Website Design Agencies Before Hiring One
- Takeaways On Restaurant Website Design Companies
A restaurant website design company is a specialized agency that exclusively builds websites for restaurants to help them improve online visibility, traffic and generate sales growth.
The scope of their services and web design expertise is similar to any web design company in the market. However, these dedicated agencies stand out for their deep understanding of the hospitality sector and industry trends.
Apart from completing the standard set of requirements that any website needs, these companies will focus on tasks specific for restaurant websites like:
- Development of visual and written content that are of relevant subject
- Providing all of the services and special offers of your restaurant in an engaging way
- Adding a menu and keeping it up-to-date along with pricing
- Implementation of a system for making reservations and online orders
- Sharing nutritional and ingredient information
- Adding client reviews and visual proofs that will demonstrate the quality of your work
- And more
What Do Restaurant Website Design Agencies Do To Help You Stand Out?
A well-designed website will shape your brand and tell your unique story, differentiating your restaurant from your competition and ultimately encouraging consumers to choose you over them.
Restaurant website design companies will incorporate various best practices to help you achieve this, including:
- Analyzing your target market, your clients and key competitors: Every successful web design project begins with in-depth market research. These specialized agencies will study your business environment, learn about the expectations of your target audience and discover your competition’s strengths and weaknesses. This process will highlight various opportunities and help designers in developing better decisions when it comes to website creation.
- Creating content adequate to the field: Developing high-quality content that is valuable for your customers will not only improve your SEO efforts and boost your search engine rankings but will also raise your profile as a trustworthy business with great authority. By conducting proper keyword research and sharing blog articles regularly, your restaurant web design company will drive organic traffic to your site.
- Optimizing your restaurant website for Google My Business listings: Google My Business is one of the most powerful directories that can help you get new customers online. Your restaurant web design agency will help you set up and maintain your Google My Business profile, thus increasing your business’s visibility to make a strong first impression.
- Raising your brand’s integrity through professional design: These specialized companies will deliver a website that represents your business professionally and is consistent with your branding. They will focus on different aspects, like fast loading pages, mobile responsiveness and social media integrations, needed to build trust with your visitors and drive conversions.
- Ensuring a high level of security: Restaurant websites may hold sensitive customer data like names, email addresses and credit card info. Professional web design firms have vital cybersecurity processes that will ensure the safety of this data. This will allow for business continuity management as well as improved consumer confidence.
How Much Does Restaurant Website Design Cost?
There are several factors that influence the cost of restaurant website design, including:
- The size of the website
- The complexity of the design
- The number of special features and functionalities
- The company’s location
- The company’s reputation
The average cost per hour varies between $50 and $150. However, some professional agencies that offer high-end services may ask about $300 per hour, sometimes even more.
When it comes to project-based pricing, these companies will offer fixed prices based on the project complexity.
In this case, you can expect to pay between:
- $1,000 and $10,000 for a small website
- $10,000 and $50,000 for a website of medium complexity
- $50,000 and $100,000 for more complex websites
Why Should You Hire A Restaurant Website Design Agency?
These are the top three reasons why you should invest in a professional restaurant web design agency:
Reason #1: Increase Online Visibility
Investing in web design is more important than ever, especially now when shopping behavior has changed due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Online purchases are on the rise and an increased number of people started making online orders in restaurants.
Statista’s survey shows that, as of May 31, 2020, restaurant delivery/takeaway was the most purchased service during the pandemic.
With 31%, U.S. consumers have used this service the most.
Having a website is necessary because as much as 77% of consumers visit a restaurant’s website before dining in or ordering takeout or delivery.
With the rise of local searches, restaurants have opportunities to increase their brand awareness and reach their audiences online.
But will consumers be able to find your business? Will your website appear in their search engine results?
This is where restaurant website design companies can help you out.
They have the expertise and experience to make your website visible to your local consumers. From optimizing your pages for relevant keywords to structuring your web pages for search, they will perform various activities to ensure your audience finds you online.
Reason #2: Improve User Experience
88% of online consumers are less likely to return to a website after a bad experience.
Today, having a visible and easily accessible website is not enough. In fact, only professional-looking and quality websites have the ability to attract clients.
Data supports this and MHG’s survey on Modern Marketing for Restaurants shows that 68% of consumers have been discouraged from visiting a restaurant because of its website.
According to the same source:
- 30% of consumers have lost interest in websites because of hard-to-read menus
- 33% of them have lost interest because of the websites’ difficult navigation
- 30% of them have been turned off by websites that had an old and outdated look
Restaurant web design companies can make all the difference. They are experts in the sector who understand all the ins and outs of the industry.
They can design pages that are visually appealing, but also pages that promote an intuitive user experience that engages and converts visitors.
Reason #3: Outperform The Competition
90% of people leave websites due to poor design. [HubSpot]
Not every website is designed to deliver its key message and satisfy the visitors’ needs.
And the worst scenario that can take place after a user bounces from your website is to turn to a competitor’s website.
Bad website design not only hurts your SEO but also ruins your credibility and costs you sales.
Agencies that deliver professional restaurant website design services can help you stand out from the crowd.
Thanks to their creativity and expertise, they can build a visually compelling and authentic site that will showcase your professionalism and authority.
This professional website will be a key differentiator that will help you outperform your competition and drive more conversions.
How To Choose The Best Restaurant Website Design Company?
To pick the best web design agency for your business, take the following steps:
- Preview their portfolios: Portfolios will showcase the creativity and expertise of each prospective agency. They will speak volumes about their ability to produce quality work and versatility in different features and functionalities that allow brands to stand out. Look for agencies that can deliver visually compelling but also fully functional websites.
- Check third-party reviews and client testimonials: Reviews and testimonials of past clients are key factors that showcase the reliability and credibility of these companies. They will provide you with valuable info on their satisfaction levels with the agencies and an idea of what type of collaboration you can expect with your partner.
- Learn how they formulate their processes: The best website design company should have organized processes in place. It should take a strategic approach and focus on your unique business needs when planning and implementing your project. Be sure to ask how they formulate their strategies as well as how they can ensure the project yields the desired results.
- Find out how they secure their websites: An increased digital presence can expose you to various security threats like theft of information, loss of business or contacts and more. This is why you want to ensure your website complies with the cybersecurity best practices. Agencies that offer professional restaurant web design services have certain security processes, like implementing the HTTPS protocol, and they know how to keep your business and your customer data safe.
- Ask about post-launch support: Find out if these experts will check your website regularly for issues and bugs. To ensure optimal performance at all times, the agency you hire should be able to keep it updated and relevant for an intuitive user experience. This is why it is recommended to hire an agency that can and wants to engage in a long-term partnership.
10 Questions To Ask Restaurant Website Design Agencies Before Hiring One
- How long have you designed websites for the hospitality industry? What results have you delivered to previous clients?
- How do you stay up-to-date with trends in restaurant website design?
- Will you conduct market research before you start working on the website? How will you define our clientele?
- What SEO best practices will you incorporate during the web design process?
- Who will work on the project and who will be our point of contact?
- How will we communicate during the project?
- How do you keep your websites secure?
- Do you offer post-launch support and maintenance services?
- What is the cost of your services and should I expect any additional fees after-launch?
- What is the expected delivery date?
Takeaways On Restaurant Website Design Companies
Restaurant website design companies specialize in building websites for businesses that run restaurants.
The average cost of their services ranges between $50 and $150.
The key benefits of partnering with a professional website design agency are:
- Increasing online visibility
- Improving user experience
- Outperforming the competition
To choose the best partner for your business needs, consider the following steps:
- Preview their portfolios
- Check third-party reviews and client testimonials
- Learn how they formulate their processes
- Find out how they secure their websites
- Ask about post-launch support
Best of luck!