Table of Contents
- What Is A Financial Services Website Design Company?
- What Do Financial Services Website Design Agencies Do To Help You Stand Out?
- How Much Do Financial Services Website Design Companies Charge For Their Projects?
- Why Should You Hire A Financial Services Website Design Agency?
- How To Choose The Best Financial Services Website Design Company
- 10 Questions To Ask Financial Services Website Design Companies Before Hiring One
- Takeaways On Financial Services Website Design Companies
A financial services website design company is an agency that exclusively builds websites for businesses in the financial sector to help them drive more sales and boost their revenue online.
The range of services they offer is similar to that of any web design agency. However, what differentiates them from the rest is their understanding of the financial industry and the specific audience businesses in this field deal with.
Similarly to other website design companies, their key responsibilities include:
- Conducting research and planning projects
- Wireframing and sketching
- Developing high-quality visual and written content
- Optimizing websites for search engines
- Optimizing user experience for desktop and mobile devices
- Securing websites
- Maintaining and updating websites
- Providing hosting services
Apart from completing the standard set of requirements, financial services website design companies will focus on strategies specific to financial websites like:
- Listing your financial service in an engaging way
- Highlighting your expertise through client testimonials and case studies
- Implementing a system for making client accounts and setting appointments
- Creating blog articles valuable for your specific audience
- Developing images and videos on relevant topics
- And more
What Do Financial Services Website Design Agencies Do To Help You Stand Out?
The primary goal of every financial business is to drive high-quality leads to their website and generate more sales.
Financial web design companies will focus on your needs and help you accomplish your goals by focusing on various tasks like:
- Performing research on your target market, clients and competitors: This is a vital step that allows discovering your own and your competitor’s strengths and weaknesses. It lets your agency spot opportunities and develop better decisions based on analytical insights. When done right, market research facilitates strategic planning and can help accelerate project delivery. Professional web design agencies have the right tools to execute this process.
- Raising your brand’s integrity through professional design: A successful financial website has features and functionalities that generate high converting leads. It is optimized for mobile devices and search engines, has fast-loading pages, is secure and ensures an intuitive user experience that fosters trust and establishes a powerful brand image.
- Developing content relevant to the industry: High-quality content, relevant and valuable to your website visitors will establish brand awareness, boost your SEO and traffic, establish authority and trust. It will support your audiences throughout the conversion funnel stages, pushing them to the decision stage where they become your paying clients.
- Highlighting your capabilities: Financial website design companies will create an appealing, professional-looking portfolio page where they add your past projects. They will also add testimonials and case studies strategically to showcase your skills and capabilities and highlight the results you have delivered to other clients. These quality indicators will boost your credibility and establish trust with your prospects.
- Keeping your branding consistent: Your company’s website should fit your branding to increase trust and familiarity. Web design companies understand this need and will standardize your public representation with your official brand guidelines. This includes adding custom elements that are in accordance with your corporate style, colors and tone of voice.
How Much Do Financial Services Website Design Companies Charge For Their Projects?
Financial services website design companies typically charge their projects based on hourly rates.
A few factors that may dictate this type of pricing are the size and the scope of the project but also the agency’s:
For this type of pricing, you can expect to pay between $50 and $150. Additionally, you may come across firms that offer high-end services; therefore they may charge you as much as $300 per hour, sometimes even more.
If an agency offers you project-based pricing, the main factor that will influence the cost will be the complexity of your website.
In this case, be ready to pay between:
- $1,000 and $10,000 for a small website
- $10,000 and $50,000 for a website of medium complexity
- $50,000 and $100,000 for a more complex website
Why Should You Hire A Financial Services Website Design Agency?
A SEMrush study on the key shifts in the banking and financial services industry shows steady growth in online searches for financial service companies, with an average growth volume of 47% between December 2019 and August 2020.
This comes as a result of the COVID-19 crisis and social distancing, which made online the last resort for many consumers seeking these types of services.
Financial businesses need to adjust to the “new normal” and make their offerings available to their potential clients where they spend most of their time - online.
This indicates that having a website is no longer an option but a must.
Financial website design companies are experts in the field and they can help you create a professional-looking, SEO-optimized website that drives high-quality organic traffic.
They understand the ins and outs of your industry and know which design elements to incorporate to drive the desired actions from your visitors.
However, today having a compelling website with nice images and appealing typography is no longer enough.
For your visitors to engage with your pages and convert, you need to provide them with meaningful and relevant experiences. This involves focusing on various aspects like:
An interesting fact says that 88% of visitors are less likely to return to a website after a bad experience.
User experience is one of the most important ranking factors that ensure visitor satisfaction and overall site usability.
According to Google:
Through user-centered design, your agency will increase the trust in your business and attract higher conversions.
How To Choose The Best Financial Services Website Design Company
Before you start your search for the best web design agency, make sure you set clear project requirements.
Then, put together a clearly defined request for proposal (RFP) document and send it to potential companies so that you can compare their deliverables and skillset.
Once you narrow down the list with prospective partners, research each agency in terms of:
- Quality of past work: Look for an agency that has completed successful projects similar to yours. A good piece of advice is to focus on quality and not quantity, so don’t pay too much attention to how long they have been in the business but to how well they have performed in their projects. Check their websites and look for diversity in features and functionalities, how compelling they are and if they can deliver an outstanding user experience.
- Client reviews: Do your homework and see what previous clients say about each prospective agency. Client feedback is a good indicator of their credibility and reliability. It will reveal key info on how client-friendly they are, what kind of support you can expect from them and the results they can deliver.
- Security: Find out how the companies keep their websites safe. Getting a highly secure website not only matters in keeping your and your clients’ sensitive data safe, but it is also a key factor that can build trust with your visitors. Modern consumers are less likely to buy from websites that appear untrustworthy. Plus, website security also affects Google rankings. These are major factors to consider when selecting the right partner for your business.
- Post-launch maintenance: Ask if those financial services website design companies are able to engage in a long-term relationship. You want the company that builds your site to maintain it after launch because it will be the most familiar with the coding and other key elements. Your agency should regularly check your site to see if it is healthy and performing well. They should update it continuously to keep it fresh, modern, following search engine best practices.
- Cultural fit: Find out if the company culture of these agencies aligns with yours. Understand the atmosphere they work in, learn about their ethics, mission, vision and values. Selecting a partner that has similar beliefs and behaviors to you can contribute to delivering a successful project.
10 Questions To Ask Financial Services Website Design Companies Before Hiring One
- Do you work with custom code, or you use templates to create websites? Which option do you think would better suit my needs?
- What is your web design process? What major stages will you cover?
- What features and functionalities will you include in the website?
- How will you make sure the pages are optimized for search engines?
- How will you secure it?
- Who will work on the project? What level of experience do these designers have?
- How long will it take to finish the site?
- What kind of testing will you perform before you push the website live?
- What is your pricing policy? How much will you charge me for the project?
- What is included or not included in this cost?
Takeaways On Financial Services Website Design Companies
Financial services website design companies can help your financial business establish a strong online presence and drive more conversions.
An hour of their time may cost you between $50 and $150.
The major benefit of hiring a professional web design agency is ensuring an intuitive user experience which is one of the major ranking factors of Google today.
To choose the most suitable partner for your business, consider the following aspects:
- Quality of past work
- Client reviews
- Post-launch maintenance
- Cultural fit
Best of luck!