Table of Contents
What Is A Law Firm Web Design Company?
A law firm web design company is an agency that specializes in creating, optimizing and maintaining websites for attorneys, lawyers and law firms.
Their scope of work is the same as that of any other web design agency, except they focus on clients from the legal practice. This means they have a basic understanding of laws and the needs of people looking for layer services.
These companies cover the standard set of duties such as:
- Designing and developing a new website or updating the old one according to clients’ business needs
- Optimizing the user experience through easy navigation and site structure
- Developing the backend of the site for simple updates
- Creating a mobile version of the site
- Optimizing the site for better Google ranking
- Providing analytics results and other metrics
Lawyer web designers also engage in more industry-specific tasks such as:
- Maintaining a blog section with relevant and insightful legal info and news that are relevant to the audience
- Highlighting law firms expertise over services through client testimonials and overview of legal cases won
- Listing all the specific legal branches your firm specializes in and what kind of legal services you can provide to clients
- Making your contact info easily accessible at all times
What Do Law Firm Web Design Companies Do?
A well-designed website will help shape your law firm brand, communicate your business story and ultimately encourage users to choose you over your competition.
The best law firm web design companies comprehend the urgency most law site visitors have when coming to seek legal advice or to employ attorney services online.
This is why they create websites that are completely devoted to them, in terms of a quick finding of desired information and a user-friendly interface that is easy to get around.
Their core offerings include but are not limited to:
- Researching your field(s) of legal expertise and providing adequate content: Top attorney web design companies have teams of analysts, copywriters and content creators that will go to great lengths to research your field with the help of experts and come up with regular blog posts of legal advice for your site visitors. This helps grow your law firm credibility and trust.
- Creating a clean, custom design that is mobile-friendly: Your visitors need to have important legal information presented in a readable and clear way. A streamlined, fast-loading website signals professionalism.
- Optimizing your law firm website for Google My Business listings: Google My Business and other relevant online directories is something your website should be a part of. The prospective website creator will help you get categorized and sorted on Google’s directory for instant info displayed on the search results page when people look for your services.
- Using the right keywords across your site: The success of a website largely depends on how well-optimized it is for the right keywords. This ensures you appear in search results of the largest possible share of internet users.
How Much Does Law Firm Web Design Cost?
Law firm web design companies, like all other similar agencies that create websites, form their pricing structures:
- Per hour
- Per project
- Based on results
When it comes to the fee per hour, they may charge you between $40 and $300. The price varies greatly and mostly depends on these agencies' size, stature and experience.
Furthermore, the factors that impact the cost per project are:
- The number of pages and complexity of the site
- Whether a template is used or custom design is made
- The number of special components and features you require
- The size of the law firm
The size of the law firm and custom website design will affect the price most drastically. A small law firm website with one to 10 attorneys will cost between $3,000 and $10,000.
Mid-sized firms, with 10 to 50 attorneys, cost between $10,000 and $40,000, while sites of law firms with up to 100 attorneys or more cost well over $40,000.
However, generally, law firm websites’ cost range goes from $2,000 and up to $100,000, sometimes even more.
The result-based billing depends on the results attorney website designers deliver.
Depending on your business needs, these results may be:
- Increased website traffic
- Boost in conversions
- Higher search engine rankings
- Increased brand awareness
- And more
Why Hire A Law Firm Web Designer?
37% of clients search for lawyers on search engines. (Clio)
In fact, according to a Backlinko study, the first result in Google’s organic search results gets about 31.7% of all clicks
These stats highlight the fact that having a website is not enough in today’s highly competitive digital world.
For your legal site to take a top spot in the SERPs, you need to make sure it is compelling, fully functional but also up-to-date with Google’s best practices.
Professional law firm web design companies are always on top of design trends and algorithm updates.
This is why they are uniquely positioned to deliver high performing websites that generate quality leads, drive engagement and conversions.
These experts will study your brand, your audience needs and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses which will allow them to create custom strategies that will help you achieve the desired goals.
They will handle the technical, off-page and on-page SEO and pay deep attention to:
- Content creation
- Mobile responsiveness
...which play a key role in ensuring a higher ranking.
In addition, a law firm web design company can help you attain functionality and accessibility.
A website should be accessible to all and should contain enough functions to make it able to answer different visitors’ needs. This greatly boosts the number of leads.
For functionality and accessibility, elements such as easy navigation, clean sitemap, alt text on images, search function, low scroll and mobile-friendly design are imperative and are something your web design partner will work on while building your website.
Lawyer web designers can also help you differentiate your business according to the type of law buyers.
In other words, law firms get different law buyers: B2B and B2C.
These differ in the length of the buying cycle, personal involvement and one-off versus continued legal requirements.
Depending on who your law service buyers are, your website may need a different approach in arranging different content, case studies and past cases.
In cooperation with you and your track record info, your attorney website designers will use the right tone and content for any type of buyer.
3 Signs That You Need To Hire Law Firm Web Designers
To make sure your ROI is as high as possible, look for these signs that will tell you whether you need a new, professional website:
- Your existing website is outdated or, worse, you do not have a website: More and more people search for services online. And having a poor web design or not having a website at all means loss of conversions and profit.
- Your competition is running ahead of you: The bad news is, attorney business is a very competitive one, but the good news is - legal services will continue to be highly sought after. You can get ahead of your competition by positioning yourself better than them on Google, increasing your visibility and gaining clients’ trust through compelling content.
- Your marketing efforts seem to go nowhere: Traditional marketing is more expensive than digital, and if you have no quality website to send people to, the latter is pointless. A synergy of a professional website and online marketing will yield results that will see you increase leads and convert these into new clients more efficiently.
How To Hire An Attorney Web Design Company
Here are a few steps to take prior to interviewing every prospective law firm web design company:
- Decide on your budget: How much money you can spare for a website project will determine how much you can expect to get from it.
- Define your exact segment: Are your clients B2C or B2B buyers of law? This will determine everything else regarding your website, including the price and the site’s content.
- Determine your needs: Have a clear vision of what you want your website to be, what kind of clients do you want to attract, as this will help you find the ideal web design agency that can meet your expectations.
After these, focus on your potential lawyer web designers and research their:
- Portfolios: Try to find examples of work done for law firms that are similar to yours and if the prospective web design agency showed versatility with their project.
- Reviews: Look for third-party sites and find client testimonials to get a good idea of what to expect in your cooperation.
10 Questions To Ask Law Firm Web Designers
Here are the top 10 questions that you should ask lawyer web designers to select the best one:
- What types of law firms have you created websites for?
- Will you be able to optimize my website for search engines and mobile use?
- Can I see your portfolio of past works?
- How do you stay updated with the trends and regulations in legal practice?
- Can you explain the task management process you would implement?
- Is there someplace we can see your clients’ testimonials and reviews?
- Who does your team consist of and who will be our point of contact?
- Will you offer some post-launch maintenance services?
- How do you set a time-frame for designing a website?
- How do you form your price?
Takeaways On Hiring A Law Firm Web Design Company
A top law firm web design company is qualified in creating compelling and highly engaging websites that can help you:
- Generate leads and get new clients
- Boost your law firm’s credibility and visibility
- Inform your patients on relevant things through blog articles
- Boost search engine rankings
To find the right partner, make sure you define your goals and research these agencies' past work and reviews.
Before you sign the contract and your project with the lawyer web designers starts, make sure you:
- Communicate your expectations and wants clearly
- Define responsibilities for both parties
- Negotiate the terms and rates of the partnership
- Outline all of that in a legal document in the presence of a lawyer
Best of luck!