Table of Contents
- What Is A Construction Website Design Company?
- What Do Construction Website Design Agencies Do To Help You Stand Out?
- How Much Does Construction Website Design Cost?
- Why Should You Hire A Construction Website Design Agency?
- How To Choose The Best Construction Website Design Company
- 10 Questions To Ask Construction Website Design Agencies Before Hiring One
- Takeaways On Construction Website Design Companies
A construction website design company is an agency that specializes in creating, optimizing and maintaining websites for construction businesses.
Combining their creative skills and technology, their job is to build sites that bring their clients more leads and conversions.
Similarly to any other web design agency, their responsibilities include:
- Planning, wireframing and sketching
- Optimizing websites for search engines
- Optimizing user experience for desktop and mobile devices
- Creating visual and written content
- Securing websites
- Maintaining and updating websites
- In some instances, providing hosting services
However, what sets construction website design companies apart is their ability to:
- Create and upload big databases of homes and other types of buildings
- Provide prices, plans and other data relevant for contractors and buyers
- Build landing pages that attract a high-purchase-intent user base
- Develop blogs filled with articles on the latest innovative construction technologies, events, updates and more
- Add professional photos and videos that highlight their clients’ work
- Highlight construction firms expertise over services by leveraging client testimonials and awards
What Do Construction Website Design Agencies Do To Help You Stand Out?
These professional companies understand the finer points of the construction market, including the major industry trends.
They also know how different stakeholders in construction projects think and operate. With this key info in mind, they are uniquely positioned to create a high-performance website that will differentiate you from your competition.
To help you stand out, these companies will focus on:
- Researching your target market and competition: These professional agencies analyze your audience and key competitors to spot opportunities and design the website based on that analysis, including features and functionalities that will work for your particular business.
- Showcasing your capabilities: Modern buyers judge businesses based on their past projects. This is why web design agencies will create your site with your audience in mind and showcase your capabilities and qualities with a professional-looking portfolio. This will boost your credibility and establish trust among your potential buyers.
- Creating content adequate to the field: Creating high-quality blog posts that are relevant to your industry will help in boosting your authority and search engine rankings. These will make your business more trustworthy as well as drive more qualified leads to your pages organically.
- Designing solid performance: The look and feel of your website can make or break your business image. To ensure solid performance, these specialized companies will design with the aim to deliver a seamless user experience across every page. From fast loading pages to mobile responsiveness and clear calls to action (CTAs), they will take a user-centered approach to every element they create.
- Optimizing your website for Google My Business listings: The goal of every construction business is to get their website on the first page of Google’s search results to generate more leads organically. However, with so many competitors out there, optimizing for Google My Business can make a difference each time a user does a search related to the service you offer. Construction website design companies will engage in several tasks like setting up your profile and including relevant keywords to ensure you rank higher.
How Much Does Construction Website Design Cost?
The cost of construction website design typically depends on several factors like:
- Project size and scope
- Website complexity
- Company size
- Company location
- Company reputation
These professional agencies may charge you between $50 and $150 per hour, on average.
If you partner with a high-end agency that enjoys a high reputation and provides exceptional work, then your costs will increase and may reach $300 per hour, sometimes even more.
Apart from the hourly fee, project-based pricing is also possible. In this case, web design companies may seek about:
- $1,000-$10,000 for a small website
- $10,000-$50,000 for a website of medium complexity
- $50,000-$100,000 for more complex websites
Why Should You Hire A Construction Website Design Agency?
These are the primary reasons to partner with a construction website design company:
Reason #1: Increase Brand Awareness
The global construction market is projected to grow from $11491.42 billion in 2020 to $12526.4 billion in 2021.
The demand for construction services is on the rise. This is mainly because the global population is projected to reach 10 billion in 2057.
It is the construction businesses’ job to accommodate the growing population.
But how will you make your business visible to home seekers?
According to SEO Tribunal, 97% of people learn more about a local company via the internet.
This highlights the fact that having an online presence is more important than ever.
Having a professional, SEO-optimized website will help you put your services in front of your potential buyers. It is the key to increasing brand awareness and generating high-quality leads.
Reason #2: Stand Out From The Crowd
As of 2021, the number of construction businesses in the U.S. amounts to 3,570,224. According to IBISWorld, that’s an increase of 2.5% from 2020.
The demand for construction services is on the rise, but the competition is fierce and shows no signs of declining.
The best way to outperform your competitors is to build a strong online presence.
A professional-looking website with consistent branding can be your best asset.
Construction website design companies can make all the difference. Using their creativity and technical expertise, they will pay attention to every tiny detail to highlight your professionalism and competencies.
They have a deep understanding of your industry, so they are uniquely positioned to help you create a full-featured, engaging website.
Reason #3: Ensure Intuitive User Experience
As of May 2020, page experience is a new Google ranking factor.
According to the search engine:
This indicates that having a website is no longer enough. To convert your visitors into paying customers, you need to ensure an intuitive user experience.
Professional web design companies are always on top of Google’s updates and understand the page experience criteria that can bring you more customers.
They create websites with users in mind, ensuring:
- Fast page speed
- Mobile responsiveness
- Visual stability
- Alluring design
- High security
How To Choose The Best Construction Website Design Company
Selecting the best construction website design company for your business goes beyond the cost. There are other more important factors that can make or break your partnership.
To ensure you’ve picked the best fit, consider the following steps:
- Check their previous work: Nothing speaks louder about a company’s competencies than its portfolio. Before deciding on the right partner, make sure you take a look at the websites they’ve built. Judge how well they are designed in terms of visual appearance, but also usability and functionality. Other aspects you might want to consider are mobile responsiveness, page loading times and how intuitive their design is. After your research, make sure you pick an agency that can ensure a great user experience.
- Read their reviews: The feedback of past clients can be the best indicator of an agency’s professionalism and quality. They are proof of the company’s existence and will provide you with key info on their reliability and professionalism. Reviews will also help you measure client satisfaction and envision your future partnership with each prospective company. This is helpful in understanding which of them can be a good fit.
- Find out how they create their websites: It is recommended to select a web design company that creates websites from scratch based on your unique business needs and requirements. A custom website will differentiate your business from the crowd and give you a competitive edge in today’s oversaturated web environment. Additionally, with a custom design, designers can easily incorporate your branding into your website and make easy updates as your business grows.
- Discuss website maintenance: Websites should not be left stagnant after launch. Instead, they should be continually maintained and updated so that they can provide your visitors with an engaging user experience. This process includes regular checkups and monitoring, bug fixing, content updating and more. We suggest choosing a company that can engage in a long-term partnership to keep your website fresh and up-to-date.
- Ask about website security: Data breaches are on the rise. The global cost of these security incidents is estimated at $3.86 million in 2020. By creating a website, your business may also be exposed to cybercriminals. Hackers may go after your sensitive information and steal it without authorization. This may cost you a loss of data and contacts. To minimize cybersecurity risks, be sure to hire a company that has advanced security processes that can protect the information critical to your business.
10 Questions To Ask Construction Website Design Agencies Before Hiring One
- Can you show me some examples of construction websites that you are most proud of?
- How do you create your websites? What does the web design process look like?
- What role will consumers' insights play in this project?
- How do you stay on top of construction web design trends?
- What security processes do you have in place?
- What SEO best practices will you follow to optimize my website for search engines?
- How will you ensure an intuitive user experience?
- Do you provide post-launch services? What do they include?
- What is the project cost and are there any additional fees I should be aware of?
- When do you think the website can go live?
Takeaways On Construction Website Design Companies
Construction website design companies design visually compelling and high-performing websites for construction businesses.
An hour of their time may cost you between $50 and $150, on average.
These professional agencies can help you:
- Increase brand awareness
- Stand out from the crowd
- Ensure the intuitive user experience
To choose the best web design agency for your needs, take the following steps:
- Check their previous work
- Read their reviews
- Find out how they create their websites
- Discuss website maintenance
- Ask about website security
Best of luck!